Kindle Fire

oceanpriest

Apr 24, 2010
Ghim Moh
KO-slate-main-lg._V166806822_.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/Kindle-Color-Multi-touch-Display-Wi-Fi/dp/B0051VVOB2

US$199, good price?

Quite upset, it was not based on e-ink Triton :cry:

I will rather wait till the folks in xda do something about the android market in this device...if not, there's always Nook Color around...

Pre order only....Nov 15 available :(

The entire series look pretty darn sleek though
I bought my kindle a few months ago ... the new ones don't have the qwerty keyboard hmm

The Fire will make it crazy-easy to order from Amazon in addition to being an e-reader, video watcher, music playback tool...

Definitely interesting.

i read the specs on gizmodo... apparently, Fire stores all ur books/mags on the Amazon cloud servers. which means i would need a constant wifi access to read? but, it will run into the problem of Amazon blocking my IP address since (i think) i cannot hide behind a VPN, like my current Kindle3 when buying books. Kindle3 allows me to download the book and read offline.

sigh... i was really happy to see Fire cos it finally allows me to read magazines in full colour. but darn... looks like i have to stick to my kindle 3... :bheart:

i read the specs on gizmodo... apparently, Fire stores all ur books/mags on the Amazon cloud servers. which means i would need a constant wifi access to read? but, it will run into the problem of Amazon blocking my IP address since (i think) i cannot hide behind a VPN, like my current Kindle3 when buying books. Kindle3 allows me to download the book and read offline.

sigh... i was really happy to see Fire cos it finally allows me to read magazines in full colour. but darn... looks like i have to stick to my kindle 3... :bheart:

isn't kindle3 too small for reading magazine? they cut of the price of kindle down to $79, but kindle DX still $379 :bheart:

jetbook color? ;)

http://www.jetbookk12.com/jetbookcolor/

They are making a loss but no choice as they wanna get a niche market entry :(

No, it backs it up to the cloud, but you can still store locally. If you delete locally, you still have your copy in the cloud.