Kindle Fire

SkyStrike

Staff member
Nov 29, 2010
Somewhere
I will rather wait till the folks in xda do something about the android market in this device...if not, there's always Nook Color around...

Berkins

Aug 29, 2010
Pre order only....Nov 15 available :(

Zichar

Apr 22, 2008
The entire series look pretty darn sleek though
I bought my kindle a few months ago ... the new ones don't have the qwerty keyboard hmm

Rashkae

Nov 28, 2005
The Fire will make it crazy-easy to order from Amazon in addition to being an e-reader, video watcher, music playback tool...

Definitely interesting.

nightwolf75

Staff member
Dec 18, 2003
really MORE diaper changes
i read the specs on gizmodo... apparently, Fire stores all ur books/mags on the Amazon cloud servers. which means i would need a constant wifi access to read? but, it will run into the problem of Amazon blocking my IP address since (i think) i cannot hide behind a VPN, like my current Kindle3 when buying books. Kindle3 allows me to download the book and read offline.

sigh... i was really happy to see Fire cos it finally allows me to read magazines in full colour. but darn... looks like i have to stick to my kindle 3... :bheart:

oceanpriest

Apr 24, 2010
Ghim Moh
i read the specs on gizmodo... apparently, Fire stores all ur books/mags on the Amazon cloud servers. which means i would need a constant wifi access to read? but, it will run into the problem of Amazon blocking my IP address since (i think) i cannot hide behind a VPN, like my current Kindle3 when buying books. Kindle3 allows me to download the book and read offline.

sigh... i was really happy to see Fire cos it finally allows me to read magazines in full colour. but darn... looks like i have to stick to my kindle 3... :bheart:
isn't kindle3 too small for reading magazine? they cut of the price of kindle down to $79, but kindle DX still $379 :bheart:

jetbook color? ;)

http://www.jetbookk12.com/jetbookcolor/

Sep 24, 2011
They are making a loss but no choice as they wanna get a niche market entry :(

Rashkae

Nov 28, 2005

No, it backs it up to the cloud, but you can still store locally. If you delete locally, you still have your copy in the cloud.

Top Bottom