Singapore
My take on Kimberly

kimberly05.jpg

kimberly01.jpg

kimberly03.jpg

kimberly02.jpg

kimberly04.jpg

Over PS-ed, esp #02.

Standard Kimberley look-- she should consider refreshing it. Gets boring after a while.

Is the horse real?

Background for #4 looks excellent! What did you do?

nice shots... I wonder if my shots are OK in a big screen.
I havent done anything yet with my pics... coz i only have a few hours
of sleep since the bridal shoot with Kim and up to now Im still doing this freakin OT ... :(

Two thumbs up for Kim... :)

waileong said:
Over PS-ed, esp #02.

Standard Kimberley look-- she should consider refreshing it. Gets boring after a while.

Is the horse real?

Hmm.. There's no MUA lah. Ok will try something different the next round! =) what do u suggest ?
And yes the horse is real!! =P

wat sort of question is that?? i almost keeled over when i read it.... :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

"is the horse real......?" :rolleyes:

sorry waileong.. i dunno why, it just tickled me... :sweatsm:

In addition to buying the bouquet, I wonder if Kim rented the horse as well...

jOhO said:
wat sort of question is that?? i almost keeled over when i read it.... :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

"is the horse real......?" :rolleyes:

sorry waileong.. i dunno why, it just tickled me... :sweatsm:

You have to think about that. We all have our comfort zones, as you know. One of the comfort zone things models do is fall into the same expression, same smile, same pose for almost every shot simply because it worked in the past.

You have a lot of shots on CS, so if you compare them, you can see the similiarities.

For growth and development, it is important to change continually. New look, new expression, new attitude, new lighting, new angles... keep stretching the envelope.

Variety is important, for a commercial model it will show clients what you are capable of; for a freelance model, it will allow you to grow and develop.

Think themes. For instance, a jungle theme would have you covered in mud-- there's a very famous picture of a model who got all covered in mud for a pre-historic tribal woman theme. Obviously, you'd have to learn new expressions and poses to go with such a theme-- can't be smiling sweetly like a school girl any more.

Think themes! Sex kitten? Shy schoolgirl? Corporate climber? Adventurer? Amazon warrior?

For each of these, you'd have to think about hair, makeup, props, sets, location, poses and expressions. For the photographer, they'd have to think about angles, lighting, focal lengths, etc.

Wai Leong
===
Kimberley said:
Ok will try something different the next round! =) what do u suggest ?

i think #1 and #4 needs a fill flash.

Make it simpler-- no need to go jungle or desert-- just try to do a shoot where you don't smile, where your hair and makeup are different so that it's not instantly recognisable as you. Right away you'll have to think about what you have to do in front of the camera, since you're no longer in your comfort zone.

Eschew gothic-- that's too easy. Perhaps an androgynous look? Although I don't think you should shave bald. Or just do a theme of sorrow, or hard-edged determination, something like Uma Thurman in Kill Bill (maybe you could even get the Bruce Lee bodysuit).

waileong said:
You have to think about that. We all have our comfort zones, as you know. One of the comfort zone things models do is fall into the same expression, same smile, same pose for almost every shot simply because it worked in the past.

You have a lot of shots on CS, so if you compare them, you can see the similiarities.

For growth and development, it is important to change continually. New look, new expression, new attitude, new lighting, new angles... keep stretching the envelope.

Variety is important, for a commercial model it will show clients what you are capable of; for a freelance model, it will allow you to grow and develop.

Think themes. For instance, a jungle theme would have you covered in mud-- there's a very famous picture of a model who got all covered in mud for a pre-historic tribal woman theme. Obviously, you'd have to learn new expressions and poses to go with such a theme-- can't be smiling sweetly like a school girl any more.

Think themes! Sex kitten? Shy schoolgirl? Corporate climber? Adventurer? Amazon warrior?

For each of these, you'd have to think about hair, makeup, props, sets, location, poses and expressions. For the photographer, they'd have to think about angles, lighting, focal lengths, etc.

Wai Leong
===

waileong said:
Over PS-ed, esp #02.
Agreed. Guess I overdid the USM.
Shot was taken almost at noon. Can see that the lights are rather harsh.

waileong said:

Wai Leong
===
Thanks Wai Leong for your insight. I did learn alot from this.:thumbsup:
But to be fair to Kim, I posted these shots that I think are rather on the 'safe side.'
She have ideas and expressions that she did tried out at the shoot which I think are rather unique and original.
Gotta hand it to her....as a model she is obliging and professional in all aspects during the shoot.

jbma said:
i think #1 and #4 needs a fill flash.
You might be right. But I kinda like the mood in these two pics without the fill.

blueaquarius said:
nice shots... I wonder if my shots are OK in a big screen.
I havent done anything yet with my pics... coz i only have a few hours
of sleep since the bridal shoot with Kim and up to now Im still doing this freakin OT ... :(
Two thumbs up for Kim... :)

WatsUpGungho said:
wah.. haven got time to do mine yet.. but i like #3 n #4.. post more le.. give me some inspiration too..hee

Hello guys. Waiting to see your posts leh.

waileong said:

Wai Leong
===

This is a bridal shoot, so it's more smiling and lovely photos. If its other themes, I will work on the other aspects. Nevertheless, Thanks so much for the advice ! =)

here are my takes.... not that fantastic though
compared to other pros... I selected a few only bec. i dont have time yet..

consider me a newbie, so comments are very much welcome..

Mod_Kim_ssDSC_0645.jpg

Mod_Kim_ssDSC_0729.jpg

Mod_Kim_ssDSC_0677.jpg

Mod_Kim_ssDSC_0831.jpg

Mod_Kim_ssDSC_0893.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.