killing time

Status
Not open for further replies.

sprintist

Nov 13, 2006
Singapore
www.oddinary.com.sg
864694197_33a76137bf.jpg

I did several shots to get this right as I've not proper lightbox or anything. Just pointing the flash at an angle to create the shadow effect holding a butter knife to illustrate 'killing time'

Will anyone suggest a better way of doing it? Don't think this can qualify as an entry for the photohorology competition right?

C&C would be good to point out my mistakes on this or rather what can be improved especially the lighting since I am quite limited by it. Having only an external flash. I've got 4 pieces of mirror measuring abt 30cmx30cm though LOL

It will be cool,
if you could splutter some blood
behind the clock

Get a cheapo clock, get a cheapo knife, emo stab the clock with your knife.

For maybe $0.50 and a broken heart of a clockmaker (probably just a machine in China), you get your photo with zero effort (well with regards to shadows and lighting anyways)!

I like the idea of using shadows. Very interesting! But I think should use a bigger knife...more obvious. Shadow of the clock seems to be too distinctive and sharp, causing a distraction from the softer, less sharp and contrasting shadow of the arm with the knife.:)

ok, i got a bigger knife and and darker shadow one but the shadow of the clock is just as dark. i'll post it up to see if there are more impovements to be made.

as for nightmare, i save the few cents hehe

looks like a poor attempt to stab an alarm clock to me.

875272519_ac9bd2d241.jpg

here it is. find the composition and dont know what to be missing..like no impact.

It looks like a butter knife now! haha! Still like your first one.:bsmilie:

haha i think so too. looks like you're trying to butter the clock.

the angle of e clock for the first one's nicer. great effort! :)

I feel the clock doesn't suit this picture. :) Change the clock.

Ha i tot the 1st 1 looks better.Coz for the 2nd pic,the shadow doesnt show Knife!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.