Killiney Kopitiam Vs. Ya Kun Kaya Toast

Which one has the best Kaya Toast ?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

smtan24

Dec 21, 2005
Tampines
Which one has a better Kaya Toast. Me personally I like Killiney Kopitiam kaya toast as its not so thin.

smtan24

Dec 21, 2005
Tampines
So I'm not the only who likes Killiney Kopitiam Kaya Toast.

yipdanny

Deregistered
May 9, 2006
I prefer my mum's homemade kaya. Non of them can beat! :bsmilie:

Mar 13, 2005
NTU can2 damn gd!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: If not wrong only $1.50. 2slices of bread, 2 eggs and a cup of kopi.

Ai ya... it's all abt branding and name lah. If I do a slice of kaya bread from home and boil two eggs from home and bring to ya kun to sell, ppl will wow woow wee wee and say nice.

It's psychological...

jus like an extremely famous artist, he accidentally drop a pail of paint on the canvas, then publicise heavily, put his art work in paris art gallery, ppl will stand in front of his works and act as if they "really" know how to appreciate. It happens during our daily life.

"The people with power (eg, wealth, status, branding) talks the loudest and being heard." think abt it. Like wise for these kaya breads...

shojibake

Dec 7, 2004
Another one for toast box.

BreadTalk really got lucky with the toast box concept this time. If not they surely would have folded.

Teo

May 17, 2002
Visit site
Of course Killiney is my choice.

Ya Kun Kaya toast too dry and they actually slice a slice of bread into two slices and sell you the price of 2 slices of Kaya toast... it seems a common practice to many these days. You pay the price of 2 slices but in actual you are getting only 1 slice.

jdredd

Mar 30, 2006
both no standard... too much of the big chain effect..

if you want a good kaya and kopi - go to chin mee chin in siglap.

here in raffles place i prefer the coffee & toast kaya bun to the killiney or ya kun.

Mar 13, 2005
I think kopitiam in CS is the best... Perhaps the mods can include toast and eggs too:thumbsup:

furrycake

Jul 8, 2005
eastern past
hmm if it's Ya Kun (the dad) , i would vote him anytime. he used charcoal to peng the bread, best of the best! not to mention the kopi is best! :thumbsup: since the son took over and franchise, standard so so niah.

nowadays killiney wins ya kun hands down.. and i only like the one at orchard. ;p

smtan24

Dec 21, 2005
Tampines
both no standard... too much of the big chain effect..

if you want a good kaya and kopi - go to chin mee chin in siglap.

here in raffles place i prefer the coffee & toast kaya bun to the killiney or ya kun.
I though chin mee chin is at Chapel road.

student

Jul 26, 2004
I won't waste my time with any of these!

When I want a good kaya toast, I do it myself! Kaya of course from Ivin's!

Status
Not open for further replies.