Kill while using her handpone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone give a scientific explanation for the link between using mobile phone and being stuck by lightning?

Sorry to say, it's just a coincidence. I would rather suspect it was the umbrella caused the lightning strike. The electromagnetic wave emitted by a mobile phone will not ionize the air, unlike some of the radioactive elements used in lightning protectors.

Can someone give a scientific explanation for the link between using mobile phone and being stuck by lightning?

last time i heard that it is advisable not to use handphone when there is lighting. also cannot use handphone in petrol kiosk.

but dunno how true.... :embrass:

last time i heard that it is advisable not to use handphone when there is lighting. also cannot use handphone in petrol kiosk.

but dunno how true.... :embrass:

Myth Busters proved that cell phones can be used in petrol kiose. I work in a petrol station and so far no problems leh. ;)

Myth Busters proved that cell phones can be used in petrol kiose. I work in a petrol station and so far no problems leh. ;)

When got problem happens....the myth got busted!
Play safe than sorry.

:sweat: :bsmilie: :sweat:

When got problem happens....the myth got busted!
Play safe than sorry.

:sweat: :bsmilie: :sweat:

Will die . Will die one .. Want to siam also no use one .. ahahha
Hope its a clean death ..

Sorry to say, it's just a coincidence. I would rather suspect it was the umbrella caused the lightning strike. The electromagnetic wave emitted by a mobile phone will not ionize the air, unlike some of the radioactive elements used in lightning protectors.

It's not just a coincidence.
From what's described in the paper, the girl who was sharing umbrella with two friends directly striked by lighting. Her two friends escaped with only minor injuries
It could be related to her using handphone at the time of lighting strike

Based on the following statement from the expert's advice

根据专家指出,虽然这些案例很少,但为安全起见,公众受促别在下雷雨时,在户外使用手机。

For your own safety, against using your handphone outdoor

My friend was killed by lightning, when he was carrying the radio set during NS. "Hellooo?" then booom.

Will die . Will die one .. Want to siam also no use one .. ahahha
Hope its a clean death ..

I die nebermind...but dun drag others along.

Sacrly, dun die...paralyse waist down....burden to family
or
explosion happens....kill other pump attendents...

Must be considerate mah.

:bsmilie: :p :bsmilie:

i only remember my signal encik telling us sotongs not to use the HF sets during a thunderstorm... first time i've heard of people getting killed using hp in a lightning... :think:

there is not one proven case in the world that a handphone would have caused an explosion or fire at a petrol kiosk....

My view .....

When it your time to go, you go !

Eating bean sprouts won't make the time longer, maybe just more energetic. :dunno:

The girl that died under the umbrella may have simply been more wet offering a faster path to ground :dunno:

As far as I know, lightning uses the quickest path to (or up from) ground.

The girl may simply have been more wet and also taller :think:

Don't fear fate. Just don't tempt it by flying a kite in a storm :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.