KIDNAP ? any1 received their calls ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AhV

Jun 10, 2004
Northland
wt........these calls are still going around

any of u or ur loved ones received a call from a CHINESE man..claiming that our loved ones are in their hands and demanded ransom....

DROP OFF POINTs.... deliver by hand to another subject near AMK, Paya Lebar or Aljunied MRT? :sweat:

Talk about 'ransom service' ( NOT customer service ) ... not all sectors are covered :think:

Last edited:

any of u or ur loved ones received a call from a CHINESE man..claiming that our loved ones are in their hands and demanded ransom....

DROP OFF POINTs.... deliver by hand to another subject near AMK, Paya Lebar or Aljunied ? :sweat:

Talk about 'ransom service' ( NOT customer service ) ... not all sectors are covered :think:

Just play along with them, then call police, to arrange a trap.

it may be tough to get moola from us ...its our older folks that I am worried about :sweat:

they usually will give $$$ more readily for our safety sake :bheart:

Yeah I agree ... let's start alerting our loved ones ... I got one of those similar phonecalls before and regardless how steady you may be, it'll definitely stir you in the inside ...

I'm totally disgusted ... :angry:

DROP OFF POINTs.... deliver by hand to another subject near AMK, Paya Lebar or Aljunied MRT? :sweat:

Yup got it too, i was at work n my mum picked up the call.....

Yah, got. Not to me, but to a friend some time ago.

Something about her daughter being kidnapped (she got no daughters, lah). Then when she ask the fella "huh? Which daughter? What's her name?", he hung up.

But really, it's one of the dumbest scams I've ever heard, lor.

we need sniper team here at moment's notice!! :devil:

my WA lense CMI... :sweat:

Hope all these scammers be caught and charged ;(.

We can only raise awareness on these scams.
2 charged with kidnap scams
Both are foreign nationals - one from China, the other from Taiwan. By Sujin Thomas

TWO foreigners, believed to have been involved in kidnap scams, were charged in a district court on Thursday for cheating two women of about $20,000.

The men, Chinese national Fan Jilin, 22, and Taiwanese national Lin Shih-Tien, 39, had allegedly called the two women and deceived them into believing that their children had been kidnapped.
They told both victims that they needed to pay a ransom in order to ensure the safe return of their loved ones.
On Oct 8, they allegedly called the victim and told her that her daughter had been kidnapped. Later that day, they met the victim at Paya Lebar MRT Station to collect $5,000 from her.
Less than a week later on Oct 13, they played out the same ruse by telling a victim that her son had been kidnapped.
They said that she had to pay them $15,000 in order to see her son again. The victim handed over the money in Queenstown.
The two men were also charged in court last week for another similar scam carried out on Oct 14.
In that incident, the pair allegedly told a victim that her daughter had been kidnaped and demanded a ransom of $5,400.
The victim was asked to put the money in a red plastic bag and leave it under a tree in Punggol Park.
However, in this case, the victim called the police.
Police officers, who were keeping a look-out, swooped in and arrested them when the men came to collect the cash. About 20 victims lost $322,000 in the first half of this year to the kidnap scam, police said.

Hope all these scammers be caught and charged ;(.

We can only raise awareness on these scams.

Hope the government can change the law and charge these scammers as though it is a real kidnap case. The punishment, at least 10 years prison time without early release and 24 strokes of the whip.

Last edited:
These conman should get severe punishment. They frighten old people for their money.

If everybody is able to be alert, next time if kena called by scammers. Just arrange to meet them with the money (plastic bag with newspapers inside) together with the police.

After one time two time kena caught, the rest of the scammers will not do it anymore.

I usually don't take that fella seriously once I hear a china chinese speaking over the phone... I receive such call a few time... asking my to by this buy that... oh, also one calling from high court of Singapore...say I have to attend a court case... it was a chinese speaking clerk.. but Singapre H Court clerk usually speak in english...

if some one call telling you have to do this do that.. if it a chinese speaking staff.... just ignore them... cannot be trusted...

Hope the government can change the law and charge these scammers as though it is a real kidnap case. The punishment, at least 10 years prison time without early release and 24 strokes of the whip.

No joke... must jail long long... This had been going on for many years. First bank transfer, now this. Police cannot trace who's the owner of the account ah?

true loh, bomb hoax calls are seriously dealt with. this kind of offences should be treated similiarly. :devil:

The other day we were at a photoshoot. We waited for half and hour without seeing the XMM. Then we received a call from her telling us she was kidnapped. She told us the kidnapper would only release her if we paid her $60 more for her modelling fees.

Last edited:
yeah. my mum received a call while i was in camp. she called the police.

scared to death man. totally dunno what was happeneing. my warrant ordered me to sit in office, then rsm called and i was to go guard room, and while walking there i saw 2 policemen................. sia lah....... i thought i did some crime or what.:bsmilie: only when they told me then i knew what happened. all that because i left my handphone off and my mum couldn't contact me.:confused:

I am still waiting for my call.

Kidnapper, "Sir, please arrange for ransom payment. We have your mother-in-law."
My reply, "How long have you had her with you?"
Kidnapper, "We have had her one hour".
My reply, "How much ransom amount?"
Kidnapper, "Twenty thousand dollars".
My reply, "Phone me in one hour - I need to arrange money".
One hour later, kidnapper phones me. "Sir, we are sending your mother back to you. We cannot stand her uninterrupted chatter. And we are sending you some money - yoy need is greater than ours".

AHH we can but dream.

Status
Not open for further replies.