Kid

Status
Not open for further replies.

gamars

Aug 13, 2007
Singapore
Took this shot of a kid looking at some fishes swimming at the water. Was wonder why there was a "mixed" feeling in his expession. This picture was taken using a Canon 300D. can't really remember the settings as the org. pic was deleted after I did some editing using photoshop CS2... (In Office) :sticktong

C & C please.

2353304773_d94beb7fc5_b.jpg

:bheart: no body wants to advice me how can I improve on this pic .... :bheart:

#1 horizon seems tilted..
#2 boy's slippers are chopped.. will be good to show more of the platform in front of the boy..
#3 overall the picture lacked contrast (looks washed out).. can try working around levels and curves..

compositionally will be good if you can capture traces of "fish" since you mentioned he's looking at fishes.. and with no one in the background (both not practically possible i suppose).. and maybe more of the boy's face since you want to capture an expression.. i didn't get the "mixed feeling" that you wanted to present though.. juz see a bored (!!?) boy looking at the water..

#1 horizon seems tilted..
#2 boy's slippers are chopped.. will be good to show more of the platform in front of the boy..
#3 overall the picture lacked contrast (looks washed out).. can try working around levels and curves..

compositionally will be good if you can capture traces of "fish" since you mentioned he's looking at fishes.. and with no one in the background (both not practically possible i suppose).. and maybe more of the boy's face since you want to capture an expression.. i didn't get the "mixed feeling" that you wanted to present though.. juz see a bored (!!?) boy looking at the water..

yep. agree with the 3 points above.

for B&W photos, usually u'll want them to be contrasty.

i like the washed-put effect tho. makes it look old, worn.

I think that as a subject the kid dosent stand out very well. The dark tones blend in too well with the jetty and dont offer the contrast needed to make the kit stand out. Also the lines of the board walk lead tou to the upper part of the frame and the kid fees like a distraction in the path of the line.

Going by ssping83's suggestion of backing up more to show more of the jetty you would efectively use that same line to lead you to the boy instead :) Also if you could get down a little lower to the kids eye level it would give a little more weight to his expressions as you are not longer jsut a passive observr but interacting on the same 'level' as your subject...

Status
Not open for further replies.