KICKED OUT of clarke quay..3rd May..9am..during a Model Shoot

sleeksports

Aug 24, 2007
Adopted from SPCA (2003)
The strangest thing occurred last Sat. In the midst of a Model Shoot...a security personnel approached us...(group size 16 pax)and requested to see our permit.

I told him we had none. His next set of instructions was.....we had to vacate the premises as this was Clarke Quay Management's policy.

The security personnel was polite throughout the whole ordeal... and we acceded to his request.

There was another group of photographers ...also conducting a Model Shoot ....suffered a similar fate.

I am not sure if many in CS are aware of this policy shift.....but i have decided to post this thread...so that many here would not be subjected to such an abrupt ending to what would have otherwise been a planned outing with a smooth ending :) Cheers

that's sad to hear.

on that note, another place to avoid is the keppel bay marina. the open area may seem like a public area but we were once stopped while doing a short video as a gift for a friend's wedding.

the security personal was also polite, so we left as didn't want to make things difficult for him

Yep.....Clarke Quay do have their rights.....and rightfully....they can decide and re-define their perception of "unwelcome guests".

But at 9am.....the place is like a ghost town. I have frequented this place many times....but find it odd for the need to change.

Oh well, looks like it would be a place to avoid from now on.. Thks for the contribution....members :)

Last edited:
nParks better
Free parking in some places and fresh air

Yep.....Clarke Quay do have their rights.....and rightfully....they can decide and re-define their perception of "unwelcome guests".

But at 9am.....the place is like a ghost town. I have frequented this place many times....but find it odd for the need to change.

Oh well, looks like it would be a place to avoid from now on.. Thks for the contribution....members :)

This is 地產霸權.

Don't forget Singapore belongs to the people of Singapore. :)

Power to the people!

This is 地產霸權.

Don't forget Singapore belongs to the people of Singapore. :)

Power to the people!

You overstayed down there. You missed the new SG ownership policy. Now everyone who set foot on SG soil owns SG. We have yet receive owner's manual as I type. :bsmilie:

Power to everybardi... :bsmilie:

Good info for sharing. There are plenty of outdoor locations to shoot.

I am not sure if many in CS are aware of this policy shift.....but i have decided to post this thread...so that many here would not be subjected to such an abrupt ending to what would have otherwise been a planned outing with a smooth ending :) Cheers

Thanks for the heads up. There's still Boat Quay and Robertson Quay. Does anyone know the specifics of this policy? Would be good to know if this applies to groups of any size? Eg., Would a couple with one photographer (3 pax) require a permit as well?

I guess as such policies become consistently enforced, shoot planners/organizers will have to be diligent about checking and applying for the appropriate location permits if required.

Anyway, the thread title seems a tad unfair to the security personnel, who did his job well... :bsmilie: Shouldn't it be "Politely asked to leave Clarke Quay...during a model shoot"? ;p

Last edited:
The strangest thing occurred last Sat. In the midst of a Model Shoot...a security personnel approached us...(group size 16 pax)and requested to see our permit.

I told him we had none. His next set of instructions was.....we had to vacate the premises as this was Clarke Quay Management's policy.

The security personnel was polite throughout the whole ordeal... and we acceded to his request.

There was another group of photographers ...also conducting a Model Shoot ....suffered a similar fate.

So the lesson learnt is to apply for permission first.

Group of 16 is a huge group. Legally, u have infringed the Riot Act, illegal assembly. If its just 3-4 pax, it might be ok.

So the lesson learnt is to apply for permission first.

Group of 16 is a huge group. Legally, u have infringed the Riot Act, illegal assembly. If its just 3-4 pax, it might be ok.

you're a lawyer or judge?

go Hong Lim Park and complain !

you're a lawyer or judge?

i don't think that you need to be a lawyer or a judge to know some basic laws, rules and regulations.

do you need to be a chef to know how to cook a decent meal?

Applying for permit to do photoshoot is very common in SG.

Even those people, who make a living selling tissue paper, also need to pay $120 license fee to NEA. What do you expect ?

If you don't work for free, don't expect others to let you use their property for free.

They like to tell you "Nobody owe you a living" and they mean it.

However, I don't know the rates for Clark Quay.

If you want to do photoshoot in Changi Airport, you must also apply for permit and it is also not free.

Commercial Filming and/or Photography

Landside (per application and including application fee)
S$80 for 1st day and $30 for every subsequent day

Transit and Airside (per application and including application fee)
S$250 for 1st day and $200 for every subsequent day

http://www.changiairportgroup.com/cag/html/e-services/filming-and-photography.html

Last edited: