Khatib Bongsu closed to public?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lenscapes

Apr 28, 2004
just read in today ST that Mindef will not be permitting the general public to enter Khatib Bongsu from next month..:thumbsd:

nature and bird shooters got 1 less place liao
and best part is.. nobody can do anything about it..

I don't think u'd wanna contest against grounds of National Security & Military Matters.

nature and bird shooters got 1 less place liao
and best part is.. nobody can do anything about it..

is this place better than sungei buloh? :dunno:

I don't think u'd wanna contest against grounds of National Security & Military Matters.
well.. even if it isn't used for National Security or Military, nobody can do anything about it anyway. :bsmilie:

Anyway, i don't have the article or newspapers.

A convenient excuse for many people up there. I've seen ludicrous reasons labelled as national security issues. :p :rolleyes:

where is this place???:sweat:

there is a map on the newspaper what...
so sad wanted to go ......

maybe there got sand or granite sources?

NS & MM? :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

Here's mine...

didn't know it was known as Khatib Bongsu....only knew they had this Yishun Fishing pond signboard right outside...me and my friend walked in all the way. =D

and here's one video near the training area, described by an old man we met, the area used to be his village, but all the families were chased away, and he led us to a pond, which he said used to be crystal clear, and tasted sweet, now it's been polluted.

My trip was back in 2005 as well. :)

Its my favorite place to go. Used to have the yishun prawn pond temple there and a fresh water fishing farm for people to go fishing. Further up north is Simpang also got some farms there also. ;( :cry:

accessible via bicycles? how far away from the main road? thanks

Been going there occasionally for many years already since young. It is real sad and disappointed to hear of the closing.

One less training ground for SAF will do any harm? :dunno:
It is really a precious un-touch place of nature and truly the last kampong as compared to buangkok.

Till date I took lots of friends there before already, all of them gave the :bigeyes: look. Never expect this place exist in urban SG.

well.. even if it isn't used for National Security or Military, nobody can do anything about it anyway. :bsmilie:

Anyway, i don't have the article or newspapers.

What's new? Its all too familiar.

Just like GST hike, Ministerial pay hike, Heathcare cost hike, foreign talen program, etc etc. Is there anything we can stop these people? Anything at all?

Khatib Bongsu has a very special place in my heart, for I chose the fish farm as a backdrop for my wedding outdoor shoot. Now those bxxtards in white are gonna shut it down. Ptui.

Status
Not open for further replies.