Khao San Road recommendations

Status
Not open for further replies.

sugarhigh

Aug 7, 2004
Hiya, intending to head over to Bangkok for 5 or 6 days in July, was wondering if anyone who has been to Bangkok in the past year has a good place (guesthouses or hostels) to recommend, preferably with hot shower :D Looking for places with doubles private budget range abour 20 bucks for 2.

p/s: I found Shambara Boutique Hostel, nice place but lacks hot shower. :D not that I mind that much, but looking around for other options :) Any comments would be much appreciated!

Perhaps you might want to try this hostel called Suk 11. However it is not in Khao San but in Soi 11 along Sukhumwit Road.

Here's the link:

http://www.suk11.com/about_us.html

A friend of mine stayed there. It is basic but clean and rather affordable. No elevator so you have to carry your luggage up the staircase.

u might also wan to try Buri Bed and Breakfast. Its jus 100ms away from Thong Lor BTS.
Its a guesthouse actually. Nice and neat rooms with air con, fridge and tv set. however, the toilet is public. hot shower, soap and shower are provided.
Its ard 450baht (less than SGD20) per night for 2 people. I can show u some photos if you want to.

if you want the so called 'best' , u can try D n D .. not bad i guess. u can't miss the green signage

Thanks for all the recommendations :bsmilie: Keep them coming!

The previous time I went to Khao San Road to stay was last year October. I stayed in another nearby place, just disgonal to Khao San Road. The place has an array of pubs just besides the Wat.

I stayed in Rambuttri Village Inn. Pretty cheap and clean place. Cheapest room is about 275 Baht per night. You may want to consider that. If not, take a walk along Khao San Road. There are lots of Inns and hostels. Good luck.

the last time i was there i stayed at sawasdee bangkok inn. its located within one of the alleys of khao san. quiet but still convenient. we had a triple sharing room for abt S$30 per night and best of all there's aircon, private bathroom and cable tv (or satellite tv). that was during CNY.

however there are plenty of guesthouses there. new ones spring up like mushroom.

you can check out www.khaosanroad.com but there are more guesthouses than what you see on the website.

Thanks to all who recommended :) So far, most seem fairly nice, but I think in terms of value for money (and probably a good night's sleep) I decided to deviate from the noisy Khao San Road and go with the recommendation of Buri Bed & Breakfast, which is really quite a neat place in terms of value-for-money. If there is anyone else interested, I can post the pictures that kiumjoon emailed me, with his permission of course :) (kiumjoon okay right? :D or you could go ahead and post them on this thread as well if anyone else should express interest) Thanks once again to everyone who posted their recommendations :D

sugarhigh

see some scenes of Khaosan in BKK. (Not sure if this works )

sd_card_1_625_resize.jpg

sd_card_1_613_resize.jpg

sd_card_1_611_resize.jpg

Heh, decided not to stay at Khao San in the end, will be staying somewhere nearer the river, near the Bang lumphu river stop, just behind Phra Athit Road :D

Came across this hostel 10 minutes away from Bangkok International Airport but can't find any pictures on it, except the one of the double room on their website. Anyone ever stayed at We-Train hostel before? :D would really appreciate it if you could post some pictures :)

Status
Not open for further replies.