Not open for further replies.

Simon

ClubSNAP Admin
Staff member
Jan 17, 2002
ClubSNAP
simon.clubsnap.org
2xconv.jpg

KENKO Teleplus Pro 300 converters are made with high quality multicoated optical glass supplied by Hoya corporation, the worlds largest manufacturer of optical glass. This glass will match the optical quality of the prime lens (even at the edges, unlike many teleconverters on the market today). The optical design of the elements and light path is wide enough not to cause any vignetting.

They are designed specifically to be use with telephoto lenses of 100mm or above, and work best with telephoto lenses of 200mm to 500mm. The PRO 300's can be used with telephoto zoom lenses as well as prime lenses, but, due to their design, Kenko does not recommend them for lenses that have a zoom range that starts under 50 mm.

Kenko PRO 300 converters are intended to be used with expensive telephoto lenses and larger camera bodies. They have all metal lens mounts in both front and rear, as well as a metal core, to support today's heavy professional camera bodies.

Kenko Teleplus Pro 300 2x converter Reviews

We shall do a Test on it this week end, and post some photos up ;)

Hopefully we can do a test of comparisons with Canon, Sigma, Teleplus & Kenko Pro 300 2X TC

Anyone want to join us ?

Originally posted by Simon

Hopefully we can do a test of comparisons with Canon, Sigma, Teleplus & Kenko Pro 300 2X TC

Anyone want to join us ?

What's the diff betw Kenko Pro and Kenko Teleplus Pro?

Regards
CK

Same lah, i lazy to type Kenko Teleplus Pro 300 ;p

For once I thought one is by Kenko themselves, and the other some collaboration between Kenko and Teleplus (assuming they are different companies).

Regards
CK

Anyone want to join us ?

Add to the list, thanks to Edmund's contribution, we will be testing Canon 2X Mk II TC too. ;p

Very interested to know how's the test result.
Where can I buy this white TC, how much?
Only manage to find the silver color version.

Originally posted by DieHarder

buy buy buy

How about the Tamron brand which is exactly the same as the Kenko? Tamron SP 1.4x teleconvertor...the full name.

Pic can be seen here:
http://www.openlens.com/~khoking/myphotography/myaddon/tamron_tc/tamron_tc.htm

Oops...sorry, the one I posted here is the 1.4x version. I head the 2x version Kenko can be get from Camera Workshop.

my tokina 80-200 F2.8 was a bit soft at 200mm f2.8 when used with the Kenko Pro 300 2x (400mm). I notice this TC does not multiply the aperture, instead it adjusts the shutter speed accordingly. My previous experience with the MC7 was that it multiplied the aperture setting (eg. F2.8 wo/TC = F5.6 w/TC). Now my camera still registers F2.8 when used with the TC, but the speed is halved. Is this normal?

Originally posted by Minimalis
my tokina 80-200 F2.8 was a bit soft at 200mm f2.8 when used with the Kenko Pro 300 2x (400mm). I notice this TC does not multiply the aperture, instead it adjusts the shutter speed accordingly. My previous experience with the MC7 was that it multiplied the aperture setting (eg. F2.8 wo/TC = F5.6 w/TC). Now my camera still registers F2.8 when used with the TC, but the speed is halved. Is this normal?

I do not have the problem you've mention, when using with my Canon 70-200L f/2.8. With the Kenko on, it'll Auto adjust to f/5.6. Photos are sharp too.

:(
Only manage to find kenko MC7 @$135
What is the quality difference between MC7 & Pro 300 2X?
How much is the the Pro 300 2X?
Where else can I find it?
Anybody wanna sell/loan his?

:(
Only manage to find kenko MC7 @$135
What is the quality difference between MC7 & Pro 300 2X?
How much is the the Pro 300 2X?
Where else can I find it?
Anybody wanna sell/loan his?

PRO 300 is more than S$300.

double the price! :what:
ok thanks, think i'll settle for MC7 (silver color only)
btw, a CP salesman show me a thinner black color kenko 2X (4 element?) @$100

Status
Not open for further replies.