kena bbb poison but not progressing

I heard there is a triangle of third thing that people are talking about now.. It is this smoking hot new theory.

Is that the ultimate technique of fusing the rule of thirds and the exposure triangle? :bsmilie:

spree86 said:
Is that the ultimate technique of fusing the rule of thirds and the exposure triangle? :bsmilie:

Got a lot of terms in photography, sometimes people read read read but cannot remember or understand, so spout anyhow and then mislead people..

I don't believe in 'suffocating' yourself like this in order to learn photography. Not really practical.
You choose the tool (lens) to suit the requirement, not the outcome to suit the tool.

I am just suggesting to TS, try working with 1 at a time and realised what it brings, since TS has no idea where to start, what to shoot and how he/she wants to shoot. I guess only when you truely understand your own equipment, then you will be able to make informed decisions on what to use. Like what you have mentioned "You choose the tool (lens) to suit the requirement" :). 1 month is just a guage, it can be longer, it can be shorter, most importantly is to realise what that piece of equipment bring to you or not able to. After that, TS can slowly remove things which he/she thinks not necessary or doesn't suit his/her style of shooting. Just my 2 cents as a newbie :)

take_better_pictures.jpg

I am just suggesting to TS, try working with 1 at a time and realised what it brings, since TS has no idea where to start, what to shoot and how he/she wants to shoot. I guess only when you truely understand your own equipment, then you will be able to make informed decisions on what to use. Like what you have mentioned "You choose the tool (lens) to suit the requirement" :). 1 month is just a guage, it can be longer, it can be shorter, most importantly is to realise what that piece of equipment bring to you or not able to. After that, TS can slowly remove things which he/she thinks not necessary or doesn't suit his/her style of shooting. Just my 2 cents as a newbie :)

fair enough.
I guess we can agree on 1 point: Everyone learns photography differently.
There is no hard and fast rule I suppose.
I would feel it very restrictive to force myself to use only 1 particular focal length, and yet I do kinda get what your intention is.

anyway, as long as the end objective is met, ya? :)

fair enough.
I guess we can agree on 1 point: Everyone learns photography differently.
There is no hard and fast rule I suppose.
I would feel it very restrictive to force myself to use only 1 particular focal length, and yet I do kinda get what your intention is.

anyway, as long as the end objective is met, ya? :)

ya, as long as it helps, anything goes, no hard and fast rules :)

It's fiscal discipline.

As ppl here say... Shoot, shoot, shoot.
One method of improving is to select the top 10 pics u take in a category eg. Portrait, architecture... And each time u set out on a photo trip, have the passion to beat your top 10 each time.

I feel imagination and composition still is the main skills in photography. Look at instagram n iPhone pics. Some are really good not because of the gear.

Sometimes the limitation of the gear gives the character of the picture. Eg. Vignetting, flare. These are not necessary bad things.