% Keepers

apiwales

Aug 22, 2010
What percentage of pictures taken are keepers (good enough to be publish at clubsnap)?

Amount of keepers depend on your gears and skills.

If you are using the wrong gear for the event, your keeper rate will be low.

If you haven't been shooting enough, your keeper rate will also be low.

Amount of keepers depend on your gears and skills.

If you are using the wrong gear for the event, your keeper rate will be low.

If you haven't been shooting enough, your keeper rate will also be low.

Yup agreed. Over time as you shoot more and more, you will be able to identify the situation better and shoot knowing exactly what you want in terms of the way you compose, the light, aperture, shutter speed and white balance. This saves your time spent in guesswork and will have more keepers. When i first started, i used to have 2 keepers out of more than 200 tries. Thats like less than 1% keepers. :embrass: But it has much improved since!! ;p

whaaaaaat? There's no "good enough" to be published at clubsnap. Publishing is free.
Yes, nothing is really bad. It still can serve as bad example to learn from. :bsmilie:
Be selective. Show your good pictures, don't flood galleries with abysmal and so-so stuff.

dont' worry too much la... be thankful that its not costing u a bomb spending on film nowadays...

you will improve with time...

nowadays i oso keep only about 40-50% depending on the particular day... shoot from different angles, different perspectives etc... shoot one thing, can have 5-8 shots.. then with all the testing lighting etc.. easily can be 12 shots just to take like 3-4 pics...

When I started, about 15-20%. That's when I'd take hundreds of pics in a shoot and waste my weekend filtering and sorting. Then I improved, and now I usually have less than 100 after a shoot, of which I'd say 20 are "solid!!!" keepers, 50 are ok and the last 20 or so are off.

still not as good as what i wanted..