keep $$ under our pillows?

Status
Not open for further replies.
should we keep our $$ under our pillows? despite the guarantee from sin govt and mal govt too, is it enough? blood baths on bourses worldwide. what more? one day earlier, tharman said no need to follow what others are doing, next day, mas followed with guarantee. what are they telling us?

While sales of personal safes is going up recently...

Juz a caution... nothing is "safe"... case to point, $$ under pillows also no use...

http://www.iht.com/articles/2008/10/09/business/icebank.php

banks are not charities, even charity got bad eggs. :(

if its really important, if i dun trust myself with my own wealth can i trust anybody else? :rolleyes:

is the bank guarantee a 100% guarantee? or do you get paid out of up to $x amount should the bank go under.

on the other hand, massive withdrawals from banks will actually exacerbate the credit problem that banks are going through now.

is the bank guarantee a 100% guarantee? or do you get paid out of up to $x amount should the bank go under.

on the other hand, massive withdrawals from banks will actually exacerbate the credit problem that banks are going through now.

Seems to be S$20,000 according to this article:

http://afp.google.com/article/ALeqM5gv5j6IxgKrHfYBibPdUEjupuKSAA

Or it could be full guarantee of deposits, for a maximum of S$150 billion total, until Dec 31, 2010. Depends on how you read it. I hate the standard of journalism these days.

More news articles :

http://www.marketwatch.com/news/story/singapore-malaysia-join-bank-guarantee-bandwagon/story.aspx?guid={275B788F-E3A5-4586-8962-EAD16513E3B3}&dist=msr_1

That's why, in my opinion, if you have cash in the bank, and owes the bank money for something (car, house, etc.) the safest bet would be to use the money to pay down your loan. Worst case when a bank collapses, your deposit will be gone (or reduced) but rest assured your debt would not be.

Note the qualifier "just my opinion". Not advice. It's free opinion, and worth every single cent you paid for it ;)

Last edited:
I was under the impression that it was an up to $20k guarantee per person...

hmm. *rubs chin*

should we keep our $$ under our pillows? despite the guarantee from sin govt and mal govt too, is it enough? blood baths on bourses worldwide. what more? one day earlier, tharman said no need to follow what others are doing, next day, mas followed with guarantee. what are they telling us?

last time my grandma did that. when i asked her for money to buy candy, she will take out from her pillow. my grandma was born in 1899...so you know, she dont really have a bank account.

Honestly, I don't know what the fuss is all about. I din named any country or race in particular.

If you put large amount of cash under a pillow, surely it would draw 'unwanted' attention from anybody...let alone someone work for a meager salary.

It was meant as a joke! If you can't take it.....banned me please! :angry:

i will consider your request
but in the mean time you are free come and go as you please

it is pretty obvious he is joking.

chill mang.

It's obvious that he is joking in the 1st post, but just because it is a joke doesn't mean that it is automatically not offensive. In his 2nd post, he is not apologetic, but downright belligerent. There's been 2 posts on the topic of offensiveness (mine and the mod's) and neither are inflammatory. Funny how he should find those posts offensive to him, but thinks his joke is not.

I'm chill. I can afford to be, because I don't belong to the group his joke offends.

It's obvious that he is joking in the 1st post, but just because it is a joke doesn't mean that it is automatically not offensive. In his 2nd post, he is not apologetic, but downright belligerent. There's been 2 posts on the topic of offensiveness (mine and the mod's) and neither are inflammatory. Funny how he should find those posts offensive to him, but thinks his joke is not.

I'm chill. I can afford to be, because I don't belong to the group his joke offends.

MAKING A MOUNTAIN OUT OF A" MOLD" HILL :bigeyes:

Yawn! :rolleyes: In a way, it is healthy.... keep our mind away from global warming, terrorism.....Financial Crisis! Gee, luckily I din insinuate rupiah, peso, rupee...etc etc. Otherwise, a rerun of currency crisis!

Last edited:
MAKING A MOUNTAIN OUT OF A" MOLD" HILL :bigeyes:

Kindly read back and see who over-reacted. In case you don't get what I mean, I refer to your exact phrase "if you can't take it banned me please".

BTW I'm not sure where you're trying to link - when I click on it I get back the same post you just made. Recursive links?

Kindly read back and see who over-reacted. In case you don't get what I mean, I refer to your exact phrase "if you can't take it banned me please".

BTW I'm not sure where you're trying to link - when I click on it I get back the same post you just made. Recursive links?

Well, not if you logged in and get a private message like this...

Default You have received a warning at ClubSNAP Photography Forums
Dear Benign,

You have received a warning at ClubSNAP Photography Forums.

Reason:
-------
Guideline Violation - Reminder

now that was not very nice

3. Off-Topic (OT) posts - Please direct all posts not related to Photography to the Kopitiam forum. OT posts will be deleted or moved without noticed if posted in any other forums.
NOTE: Although Kopitiam is meant as a catch-all area for things not related to photography, posts/threads which are:
religious,
political,
racist;
in nature or can be construed as such will also be stamped out, abolished and demolished without prejudice.
-------

Original Post:
http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4440812

Originally Posted by reachme2003 View Post

keep $$ under our pillows?

Make sure u locked away your maid too!

Warnings serve as a reminder to you of the forum's rules, which you are expected to understand and follow.

All the best,
ClubSNAP Photography Forums

Over-reated :bsmilie: Next time, I will use word like housekeeper, domestic helper..k?

Last edited:
Well, not if you logged in and get a private message like this...

Well, I didn't report you or any of your posts, in case you're wondering. But from my earlier posts it should be pretty clear I agree with the message in that PM.

To you the original post is a joke only, and that you don't find it offensive at all. But in a community it is also important that you respect the opinion of others, especially the opinion of those who administer and set the guidelines for the site.

In case you still don't get it, it is not what you call them that is offensive, it is implying that they are thieves.

Being a foreigner in another country, I thought you might be more sensitive to such issues. I guess your experience in Australia must be very positive.

In case you still don't get it, it is not what you call them that is offensive, it is implying that they are thieves.

Being a foreigner in another country, I thought you might be more sensitive to such issues. I guess your experience in Australia must be very positive.

To each its own! we are shaped by different upbringings and set of values. Some are lighthearted, some are just 'small gas' or too serious in everything they do or see in life :bsmilie:

My experience? There can never be any negative experience as long as you got the MONEY!

Maybe you have never been to Australia, as a young boy growing up.... I was called Nip or Ching. In return, I called them Skip, Wog and Abo
Miraculously, we are still mates till these days!

I presume you are currently in US? Maybe the people there are a lot different from the rest of the world? :bsmilie:

To each its own! we are shaped by different upbringings and set of values. Some are lighthearted, some are just 'small gas' or too serious in everything they do or see in life :bsmilie:

Maybe you have never been to Australia, as a young boy growing up.... I was called Nip or Ching. In return, I called them Skip, Wog and Abo
Miraculously, we are still mates till these days!

I presume you are currently in US? Maybe the people there are a lot different from the rest of the world? :bsmilie:

What friends call each other is one matter. What you call a complete stranger is totally different. To see how different people here are, why not visit, say, Oakland and shout "hey you (6 lettered racial slur for Blacks beginning with letter N)" in the streets and find out?

As for being 小器 - I think your reaction to the whole issue is just totally out of proportion.

What friends call each other is one matter. What you call a complete stranger is totally different. To see how different people here are, why not visit, say, Oakland and shout "hey you (6 lettered racial slur for Blacks beginning with letter N)" in the streets and find out?

As for being 小器 - I think your reaction to the whole issue is just totally out of proportion.

Maid is just another word like housekeeper, domestic helper! Don't understand why you want to dwell over it. Again and again... Luckily, I din call them servants! :sweat:

Best to keep all your money underneath your own pillow.

Heard one guy keeps half of his money underneath his wife's pillow and he never sees the money again. :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

Maid is just another word like housekeeper, domestic helper! Don't understand why you want to dwell over it. Again and again... Luckily, I din call them servants! :sweat:

*sigh* you really don't get it, do you? It's not calling them maids that got you in trouble. It's because you implied they're thieves.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.