Keep EP-1/Ditch it for XZ-1/Buy a better lens?

Which?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

cutiedoggy

Nov 28, 2009
alittle help please? i have been overwhelmed by the xz-1 by its f1.8 and art filter like diorama plus its low light capability.

i was thinking of selling my ep1 to get the xz1 since i dont quite have the ability to buy like really costly lens (no earning power yet lol)

but i scared i'll regret it in future.. or should i get the panasonic 20mm f1.7 to make up for it?

oh crap, I wanted to reply but the serve was closed just as I replied hahahahha

As I wanted to say, if I were you, I'd get the 20mm f1.7 instead, since XZ-1 noise control isn't good as compared to the E-P1. 20mm + E-P1 is better in of IQ at equivalent settings of course sharpness might differ, and art filters like diorama isn't something that can be used very often, so I'd rather forgo it. But of course, that's just me, I have the E-P1, played with both E-PL2 and XZ-1, and I find I don't need to change cause my E-P1 still serves my needs. I'm not using the 20mm btw, I'm using the 17mm, 20mm not to my liking

Isn't the 20mm f/1.7 one of those 'really costly lenses'? Add a bit more and you would get the XZ1. :think:

Isn't the 20mm f/1.7 one of those 'really costly lenses'? Add a bit more and you would get the XZ1. :think:

Think he meant get the 20mm in the future to make up for not getting the XZ-1 now ;)

I would suggest that the TS give the XZ1 a try first. I have all these cameras and lenses and I was surprised that I like the XZ1 more than I had expected to. If I have to pick one of these to go on a shoot now, I would take the E-PL2, followed by the XZ1 and lastly EP1. Both the E-PL2 and XZ1 have very weak anti-aliasing filters and produce very sharp images. The images from the E-PL2 is even sharper than those from the GF2 using the same lens. The EP1 has a strong anti-aliasing filter and produces rather blurry images which is particularly obvious if compared to those produced by the E-PL2 and XZ1 side by side.

So even if he get the 20mm lens to be used on the EP1, I doubt that the images would be sharper than those from the XZ1. Also, the autofocussing speed of the EP1 is not fast and is at most on par with that of the XZ1 if not slower.

wow you guys here like rich huh, so many different types of camera! first of, am not a guy here. the number of ladies here very low? hahah!

okay i think 500odd for a pretty good lens is still reasonable, i dun have high expectations for a camera, just need to produce sharp images, able to do macro shots and some fun loving filters & able to handle low light well plus zoom esp during concerts, i'm more than happy loh.

from all the reviews i've heard, seems like xz-1 is able to do all that. i dunno if its my problem but i think that while in indoors, my ep1 cant produce sharp pictures but no doubt its clear if used outside, with strong lighting.

Btw, is xz-1 able to use lens converter to maybe add additional accessories like telephoto, fisheye all that?

Also, heard that the xz1 currently dont have great video capabilities, will that be rectified by firmware next time or is a 'fixed' thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.