keen on switch

Status
Not open for further replies.

ptwong

Nov 10, 2003
Yishun
Hi all, i'm very drawn to the fact that KM has anti-shake function built in. I can really appreciate the fact that you have AS at low speed/ long lense. I decided to find out more about it and that's what lead me here.

Can you guys advise me how much would it cost for a general start up set?
5D/7D plus one general lense? (walk around)

thanks

Probably the cheapest in Singapore,
The Oracle's Dynax 5D Offer! @ $1160
Comes with free cf card, camera bag and a tripod! With 1 yrs warranty!
I think he thy to sell some 75-300mm lens also, can PM him.

But you have quite a good system already, switching will be costly.

zcf said:
Probably the cheapest in Singapore,
The Oracle's Dynax 5D Offer! @ $1160
Comes with free cf card, camera bag and a tripod! With 1 yrs warranty!
I think he thy to sell some 75-300mm lens also, can PM him.

But you have quite a good system already, switching will be costly.
thanks for the info. I don't think i'll switch completely since several of my frens are using canon (easy to share) but i would really like something that i could use in low light

hmm, well, if you intend to use IS/VR/AS a lot, upgrading the body is much cheaper than upgrading the lens :)

ptwong said:
Hi all, i'm very drawn to the fact that KM has anti-shake function built in. I can really appreciate the fact that you have AS at low speed/ long lense. I decided to find out more about it and that's what lead me here.

Can you guys advise me how much would it cost for a general start up set?
5D/7D plus one general lense? (walk around)

thanks

No point switching, u have some good gears there, i rather u buy a semi-pro body.
;p

ha....i can't justify a semi-pro body yet....esp with the high prices for canon....
a bit OT, are you staying in dohar till end of the year? Asian Games end of the year. That would be great fun...

Seriously, What you have is good enough, probably all you need is monopod. That does give you about 2 stops more at much cheaper price!!!

If you really want one from KM, get the 7D + Tamron 28-105 f2.8 lens.

Hart

Hi

I am a newbie to DSLR and are interested in KM 5D. I noticed that Oracle has a very good price and package for KM 5D. Just wondering whether it is better to wait for the forth coming exhibition (09 March to 12 March) in Suntec this March to compare price and package from KM.

Please share your comments.

If you are interested in getting extra year warranty then those electronic shows deal are better.

htx said:
Hi

I am a newbie to DSLR and are interested in KM 5D. I noticed that Oracle has a very good price and package for KM 5D. Just wondering whether it is better to wait for the forth coming exhibition (09 March to 12 March) in Suntec this March to compare price and package from KM.

Please share your comments.
If price is ur concern, I guess Oracle got some really good deals there. Bag, CF... what-have-u at such a cheap price.

Shows typically give away similar freebies. Extra warranty during IT shows sometimes comes at a price. Personally I had no problems with my KM5D and I dun foresee any problems since its nice, cheap & a rugged piece of chap. :)

Agetan said:
Seriously, What you have is good enough, probably all you need is monopod. That does give you about 2 stops more at much cheaper price!!!

If you really want one from KM, get the 7D + Tamron 28-105 f2.8 lens.

Hart

Is tis a very good set up?
:bigeyes: :bigeyes:

I think GENO is being sarcastic hey!!

hahaha..

Hart

Agetan said:
I think GENO is being sarcastic hey!!

hahaha..

Hart

NO LAH, I find the lens is a little bit warm ley?? some people dont like it when i use it?? i still find it ok to me ..
:bsmilie:

GENO said:
NO LAH, I find the lens is a little bit warm ley?? some people dont like it when i use it?? i still find it ok to me ..

I turn white balance to be on the Cool side to counter act that... simple solution.

Hart

Agetan said:
I turn white balance to be on the Cool side to counter act that... simple solution.

Hart

when i shoot xmm, i forgot everything loh..

Preset lor...

I use all 3 presets... it is a charm to use... hahaha..

Hart

GENO said:

stop fondling the lens and it won't be so warm : )

ratboy said:
stop fondling the lens and it won't be so warm : )

just brought it out for a run again, pics still looks warm to me..hiaz...

Status
Not open for further replies.