Keelung rejoiced (H series)

Status
Not open for further replies.

zoossh

Nov 29, 2005
Singapore
2007/08 Keelung (H, DSLR) non-photographic trip
.........................................................................................................................................................................................................................
Criticisms welcomed. You can quote the thumbail and the sequence number, for reference in commenting, remark or question.
Travel Summary: for details and links, refer to Travel & Variety rejoiced

in case equipments get asked again, my gear includes
1. nikon D50
2. sigma 10-20mm, nikkor 18-200mm, nikkor 50mm f/1.8
3. CPL + GND filters
.........................................................................................................................................................................................................................

DSC_5078iafjrs.jpg

In the northern town of Taiwan, the Rainy port, Keelung. A small cemetry where French soldiers were buried during the conflicts with the Manchurians.

(03 cimetiere francais de kilung / format i)
DSC_5078iafjr.jpg

Last edited:
#2 ghost festival celebration with a night carnival. singapore's invited and have these "ladies" getting warm and cosy with the locals. they all look very tall and very beautiful, about 1.7 to 2m tall. but somehow they look like they are from thailand instead....

i'm bad and a complete idiot with flash. please do criticise and teach me on how to do it better. i'm posting this for critique.

DSC_5871eifjw.jpg

Last edited:
#3 Kanzihding wholesale fish market at keelung

DSC_5303eifjw.jpg

Last edited:
#4 a pier near bisha port. in the far end, that is jilong yu (keelung island)

DSC_5028eifjw.jpg

Last edited:
#5 ice-frozen fishes in the miaokou food street

DSC_5143eifjw.jpg

Last edited:
#6 Sieho Power Plant, shot from baimiweng 白米瓮 or Peipiang. can also be shot from the other direction from waimushan.

DSC_5189eifjw.jpg

Last edited:
#7 street shot at keelung

DSC_5460eifjw.jpg

Last edited:
#8 dianji temple is a tiny temple in the midst of miaokou street which i went into out of convinience. but i didn't go to the larger qingan temple a little distance away

it is a little troublesome handling the white balance in this picture. it is done as auto WB. perhaps there is a mix of daylight, reflected light in shade and incandescent light, the door becomes very yellow in color. i have to pp to correct that. also there is already some uneveness of the lightness on the original wood and i have to be careful not to push that further in pp.

DSC_5142eifjw-1.jpg

Last edited:
#9 trumpet blower at the ghost festival day celebration

DSC_5383eifjw.jpg

Last edited:
#10 food at miaokou night street.

DSC_5248eifjw.jpg

Last edited:
#11 leech in summer.

DSC_5106eifjw.jpg

Last edited:
#12 Taiwanese spice girls (la mei) on parades.

DSC_5742eifjw.jpg

Last edited:
#13 this little girl smiled at me when i'm snapping her from at least 10m away. i wonder if it is becos i make a face at her, or she find my brown tinged hair (mine is black in shade and greyish brown under the sun) similar to hers.

DSC_5436eifjw.jpg

Last edited:
#14 fish vendors driving around with their loads.

DSC_5289eifjw.jpg

Last edited:
#4 a pier near bisha port. in the far end, that is jilong yu (keelung island)

DSC_5028eifjw.jpg

#5 ice-frozen fishes in the miaokou food street

DSC_5143eifjw.jpg

#6 Sieho Power Plant, shot from baimiweng or Peipiang. can also be shot from the other direction from waimushan.

DSC_5189eifjw.jpg
i like these!

notice you do have a tendency to have your landscapes on the bright side
me myself, i prefer a darker approach
but it works either way i guess, so long as the proper mood intended is conveyed

the fish shot is really very interesting, hehe, something quite different, if you ask me

notice you do have a tendency to have your landscapes on the bright side
me myself, i prefer a darker approach
but it works either way i guess, so long as the proper mood intended is conveyed

it is something out of necessity. without a car and without fellow photographers to share the hassle, going out at weird hours is a problem. even if you get transport there, you dun get a return trip. there is once i have to walk about 4-5km back before i got a cab. moreover i didn't want to get my family worried as it is the ghost month. summer is hot, and walking around is tiring....

as a result, my yield out of 9 day trip amounts no more than 2 days if it is elsewhere.

also quite bad luck, slipped on algae-laden stairs and broke my B+W uv filter. luckily the lens is al'rite. it affected my mood a lot, and i just want to return to hotel to wash up.

it is something out of necessity. without a car and without fellow photographers to share the hassle, going out at weird hours is a problem. even if you get transport there, you dun get a return trip. there is once i have to walk about 4-5km back before i got a cab. moreover i didn't want to get my family worried as it is the ghost month. summer is hot, and walking around is tiring....

as a result, my yield out of 9 day trip amounts no more than 2 days if it is elsewhere.

also quite bad luck, slipped on algae-laden stairs and broke my B+W uv filter. luckily the lens is al'rite. it affected my mood a lot, and i just want to return to hotel to wash up.

bonk, not timing
was talking about pp

but yeah, i guess that's the trouble with going elsewhere to take photos
whatever you may say, singapore is still much more comfy to take photos with

whatever you may say, singapore is still much more comfy to take photos with

maybe except for the weather. unfortunately summer elsewhere is just as bad for me...

#15 dragon dance on the streets.

DSC_5537eifjw.jpg

Last edited:
I think some of the images captures the 'Spirit of The Place' (incidently, a good travel photography book), especially #2 and #9. I also do like #14 for it's creative nature.

I used to carry spare clear filter, but definitely important to have spare lens cap? If you ever drop your lens cap, what are you going to do? Luckily all my lens are using the same dimensions of 77mm, so just one spare is good for all. Lucky for me, i've managed NOT to break any of my equipment so far.

but yeah, i guess that's the trouble with going elsewhere to take photos whatever you may say, singapore is still much more comfy to take photos with

Isn't that the fun of travel photography? However, sometimes the travel that you do (if you're a little bit more focus on photography) is more like an assignment than a bloody holiday. But most times, it is still extremely rewarding. I suppose you cannot expect much if it's a trip with family but sometimes, just try to peel yourself away like at dawn when they are still asleep.

Status
Not open for further replies.