Kazakhstan Ministry of Infomation presents: Borat

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought it was hilarious but I have liked everything Sasha Baron Cohen has done ever since his first Ali G character. A friend of mine was at Cambridge University with him and he was very much the comedian then. His speciality was to do shows in North London (a very Jewish area) dressed as Yassar Arafat.

it's a very British thing to poke fun at oneself (i.e. all the Jewish jokes since SBC is Jewish himself) but it was hilarious how he got Americans to show their worse side without really having to try.

And he has some guts...to sing his so-called anthem at the Rodeo was pure bravery. I am surprised he got out of alive. And as for the Christian evangelists...very scary.

I thought it was hilarious but I have liked everything Sasha Baron Cohen has done ever since his first Ali G character. A friend of mine was at Cambridge University with him and he was very much the comedian then. His speciality was to do shows in North London (a very Jewish area) dressed as Yassar Arafat.

it's a very British thing to poke fun at oneself (i.e. all the Jewish jokes since SBC is Jewish himself) but it was hilarious how he got Americans to show their worse side without really having to try.

And he has some guts...to sing his so-called anthem at the Rodeo was pure bravery. I am surprised he got out of alive. And as for the Christian evangelists...very scary.

I thought it was hilarious too - couldn't stop laughing. I had some reservations about this movie - although I quite liked some of his work on "Da Ali G Show" in the UK, I didn't quite like the first Ali G movie - not as funny as expected, but I have to admit, this one was quite funny.

This movie sucks.

The short borat clips on the ali G shows are much better. In the movie, it's like they used b roll clips and shoe horned a plot into it. The thing that it lacks is the more in depth look at the people being interviewed, which would have really increased the movie length. Also to fit the movie format, the edits are overly long as opposed to the quicker cuts of the original series and it loses the punch. Overall it's very disappointing.

But i think many people will just watch it because of the hype.

Status
Not open for further replies.