Katong Area (Azure's AG32 outing)


Status
Not open for further replies.

jimtong

Senior Member
May 8, 2002
1,544
0
36
Singapore
jimmyto.ng
some black and white experiment, except the 2nd last one. Let me know what you think. :)

Passing by a duck rice store:


Waiting for green light:


Big billboard:


The famous Katong Laksa:


Street performer:


Wall of photos inside Katong Laksa store:


From Indian temple:
 

SniperD

Senior Member
jimtong said:
some black and white experiment, except the 2nd last one. Let me know what you think. :)
Waiting for green light:
Crop this to a square crop. The right side's space is not helping the pic :)
The left side crowd will help enhance the pic coz they look opposite direction from the guy looking right.
 

SniperD

Senior Member
bingo. but your cropping is a little messy. you see the bottom bit? there's these 2 distracting black stuff at the bottom :nono:

By cropping out the right side, how do you think it has changed your perspective of this shot? :)
 

jimtong

Senior Member
May 8, 2002
1,544
0
36
Singapore
jimmyto.ng
SniperD said:
bingo. but your cropping is a little messy. you see the bottom bit? there's these 2 distracting black stuff at the bottom :nono:

By cropping out the right side, how do you think it has changed your perspective of this shot? :)
thanks, guess it is due to a rush job... :embrass:

After looking the photo, I think a better title should be "Isolation" :think:
 

SniperD

Senior Member
jimtong said:
thanks, guess it is due to a rush job... :embrass:

After looking the photo, I think a better title should be "Isolation" :think:

"Isolation" is a little too generic and over-used.. ;) try something different.. see beyond the literal :)
 

Azure

Deregistered
Mar 16, 2003
2,775
0
0
ClubSNAP community
www.clubsnap.org
For me the wall of photos is probably the only one I'd look at, 'cept for the wire or something cutting across the upper left corner.

You saw my version of the boy sitting at the junction. Compose for a closer, tighter crop when shooting. Then you'd only have some clean-up cropping to do if any in your post-processing. In short, learn to think on the fly when you shoot. ;)
 

Status
Not open for further replies.