Kata DR haversack

Status
Not open for further replies.

cookievil

Sep 15, 2009
Hello!,

I was looking at the kata DR 466 for myself to use.
Was hoping it don't look too guy-ish for myself :p.
The bottom looks roomy enough for me.
Was looking at getting a backpack for my overseas trip during the end of the year :D

Btw, i'm using a D50 attached with a tamron 17-50 and 2 more prime lenses. Might be bringing a 80-200 for my trip, not decided yet. hmm.
BUT the kata DR466 definitely looks big enough to hold all that i've mention:bsmilie:
oh, i don't own a laptop, but don't mind having that component for my papers.

Would like to hear some kata owners feedback on any of the DR haversack they've own. :)

Thanks you alll in advance first!:D

80-200 you will have to put in the top compartment of your bag and not the bottom camera compartment.

but it will work well enuff for the D50 with 17-50 and 2 primes. I use a DR 467 myself for travelling.

80-200 you will have to put in the top compartment of your bag and not the bottom camera compartment.

but it will work well enuff for the D50 with 17-50 and 2 primes. I use a DR 467 myself for travelling.

Thanks for the swift reply :).
DR 467 seems big for myself.
Any comments so far for ur kata?
I was asking a friend just now, he also suggested the DR 467. hmmm

Thanks for the swift reply :).
DR 467 seems big for myself.
Any comments so far for ur kata?
I was asking a friend just now, he also suggested the DR 467. hmmm

I am also using the 467. I find it very good for travel..:D
i normally carry d300 with 18-200 attached. with 2 other primes and flash
laptop compartment come in handy to put sometings as well..

u may want to try the new 467i or 466i..
these got strap to secure tripod which i miss as i use tripod quite a bit..:cool:

woo, DR-467 is huge indeed:bsmilie:
thanks for the feedback, the only difference is the strap which holds the tripod right.
Still considering if i should be bringing my tripod cuz, i'm traveling not exactly for leisure purpose. haha, so it might get abit out of the way if i bring.
They will be like OMG:eek:!

seems like most ppl are using 467 instead of 466.
shall bring my gears and try one day :D

Have you considered the Kata Sensitivity? It's slim, fitting and can I say, androgynous?

466 is quite nice too, think its size is better fitting for a gal. Compromise is that you can only fit a smaller laptop and the top compartment is much slimmer.

I have both bags with me at home, can post picture comparisons or 466 & 467 for you later if i have the time.

Got the 467 for myself and 466 for a friend in case you are wondering why i have 2 haha....

kata sensitivity V seems a little too slim. wonder what kind of dslr/lens combo can fit in there

Got the 467 for myself and 466 for a friend in case you are wondering why i have 2 haha....

what about considering getting a 466 for a friend here.:bsmilie: hahaha:p
May i know what's ur gear inside 466.
Haversack helps to lighten the weight, but it also tends to make us carry extra weight.
Pls do post a pic would really love to see them side by side.

kata sensitivity V seems a little too slim. wonder what kind of dslr/lens combo can fit in there

Just checked out kata sensitivity V.
once i typed it in google, and i saw the image, its like a totally nooooooooo...........
not aesthetically appealing ;p

sometime over the weekend i'll try to take the shots.

the 466/7 have similar sized camera compartments. I keep my 5D2 (w/o grip) with a lens attached + 1-2 primes and a medium size telephoto lens (70-200 F4). it will not fit the 70-200 2.8 or 100-400 type of big telezooms. Those you have to keep in the top compartment.

Sure that'll be good.
Thanks for the trouble. :)

Just checked out kata sensitivity V.
once i typed it in google, and i saw the image, its like a totally nooooooooo...........
not aesthetically appealing ;p

well... i guess different ppl have different taste. Personally i think the sensitivity is one of the better looking bags around.

It's really slim and allow the user to move around in crowded area easily.

just my opinion.:)

well... i guess different ppl have different taste. Personally i think the sensitivity is one of the better looking bags around.

It's really slim and allow the user to move around in crowded area easily.

just my opinion.:)

Looks good. Where can I get one?

i hope this helps,

DR 467 & DR466 (smaller)
IMG_0612.jpg

DR 466 is not friendly for big lens, again day to day usage consider not bad as you can put ur notebook. there's another 2 more bag can consider too like tamrac speedpack 85 or fastpack 250.

How much is the cost for Kata 467i or 466i? Any idea ?:D

Hi,

I have been using the Kata DR-466i. The newer version. Besides the tripod holder strap, the top and bottom compartment can be used as a whole ordinary backpack since it is seperated by a zippered flap. I think DR-467i can fit max 17" lappy and also 200mm lens but it will be too big for a lady but it all comes down to what your needs are. You can check my flickr images on my sig.

Regards,
Jay

Last edited:
i just got my DR466i at KL ... i find DR467i is too big for my liking...

Initially I am looking at the DR465i but the laptop compartment is really good to store things, so in the end I get the DR466i...

Want the "i" version for tripod as well..

Status
Not open for further replies.