Kata DR haversack

Status
Not open for further replies.
well... i guess different ppl have different taste. Personally i think the sensitivity is one of the better looking bags around.

It's really slim and allow the user to move around in crowded area easily.

just my opinion.:)

hey, no offence about my comments.
Just thought it looks more "man-ly" for myself to use.
Whereas the kata 466, looks more like an ordinary haversack.
thanks for ur feedback though :)

Hi,

I have been using the Kata DR-466i. The newer version. Besides the tripod holder strap, the top and bottom compartment can be used as a whole ordinary backpack since it is seperated by a zippered flap. I think DR-467i can fit max 17" lappy and also 200mm lens but it will be too big for a lady but it all comes down to what your needs are. You can check my flickr images on my sig.

Regards,
Jay

Hi Jay,

Thank you so much for spending some time to give me some advices on the bags.
Had just went through your flickr and saw the images of the 466.
It sure looks spacious enough for myself. I guess it will definitely fit my gears, do u know if its possible to snuggle in an 80-200 maybe lying downwards?

Just checked out kata sensitivity V.
once i typed it in google, and i saw the image, its like a totally nooooooooo...........
not aesthetically appealing ;p
Oops. *ouch*:sweat:

Looks good. Where can I get one?
MS Colours selling new for $199.

How much is the cost for Kata 467i or 466i? Any idea ?:D
Kata 466i going for $160. I thought in terms of size, a cheaper alternative may be the Tamrac Adventure 7, at $99.

Hey all...

I was looking at KATA Bags too, however I needed an extra laptop compartment as I am going overseas for exchange and I thought it might be good if i can sling it down to access the camera too.

Therefore, I was looking at the Kata 3N1-20. Recently, I saw on their website that a Kata 3N1-22 is coming out (with a laptop compartment). Anyone knows when it might be coming? =)

some pics of the 466 beside the 467.

467 always on the right.

img3649m.jpg

same height, approximately same thickness, but the 467 is wider slightly at the bottom and quite abit at the top so as to fit a larger laptop size.

Thanks for posting the pictures.
Doesnt really seem to have much difference except for the fact that 467 can hold a bigger laptop and wider at the sides right?

hi - i use a DR 467i - just bought it from CSnap this week for $120 2nd hand. Condition was excellent and like new :)

I think the bag is excellent. It can fit my laptop 17" IBM with the slightly larger battery pack and my papers/notebook in the laptop compartment.

The centre portion is semi roomy - it can easily hold your walkabout shoot stuff and upload material (i.e. cables, extra batteries, larger lenses).

The camera portion - i managed to fit my D300 fitted with a Nikon 50mm and a D90 with a Nikon 18-55mm, and space for a Tokina 28-105mm. There is room for one more lens as well as the rain-cover (irritating as it takes up some space, but on a rainy day, i think i will not be irritated so much...), seldom use flash, but if i needed to, it could fit it in. The bag is quite remarkable - my wife keeps going WOW!! How did you fit that in hahaha...

Overall - still lots of space in the ample compartments for my laptop cables etc etc.

The thing about the bag i like the most is that it is extremely comfortable. For what i've got loaded in it, i can still tahan and it sits on the shoulders quite comfortably.

Monopod or tripod is easily accommodated.

I am very impressed because it looks just like a normal haversack.

I love my Kata D467i ... hahah

:thumbsup:

hello all,

thanks for your reviews on the bag.
Went down today to take a look at the bag and realised that the bottom compartment is almost the same.

I did try it on and it doesn't look too guy-ish (which is a gd thing) :p. The shoulder pads and the back of the bag is comfortable.

I would be getting the 466i cuz i felt the 467i is abit too huge on me. In addition i don't have a laptop so won't be needing the bigger compartment. hehe.

Gonna get my hands on the 466i soon :D

I had my DR467 for travelling , In City shot I will carry my shoulder bag Crumpler 6MD
I am quiet satisfy with the Kata . I would said get the DR467 instead of 466 , You may
increase your lens in future and DR467 will cater for this :)

I had my DR467 for travelling , In City shot I will carry my shoulder bag Crumpler 6MD
I am quiet satisfy with the Kata . I would said get the DR467 instead of 466 , You may
increase your lens in future and DR467 will cater for this :)

I see, thanks for your comment. Will take into consideration. :bsmilie:
anywhere i can get the best price for the kata bags? :p

I see, thanks for your comment. Will take into consideration. :bsmilie:
anywhere i can get the best price for the kata bags? :p
You may check with MS colour, OP and K13 Marketing .
Compared the prices for the best shot! Or get the 2nd hand from CS buy and sell...
I got mine for $120 about 4 month ago from CS buy and sell.Because at that time all shops had no stock for Kata product .....The condition like new ;)

You may check with MS colour, OP and K13 Marketing .
Compared the prices for the best shot! Or get the 2nd hand from CS buy and sell...
I got mine for $120 about 4 month ago from CS buy and sell.Because at that time all shops had no stock for Kata product .....The condition like new ;)

Thanks yo! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.