Kata 467 or lowepro 250

Status
Not open for further replies.

htngwilliam

May 17, 2005
Tiny island
Considering the above for a 15" laatop, 1 dlsr, 1 zoom lens, 1 prime etc. What bag is better. Can users share?

Can you search? Your question has come up many times before. Just do a search for "recommend bag laptop"

I didn't see any direct comparison between these two

No, but many models and recommendations have been listed. Between those two, it would depend on you too. Your back/body build is different from mine, your camera body/lenses are different, etc.

they are both lovely. I would prefer Kata. Have been on LP since but Kata looks cool for this.

Thanks! If there is drizzle, will lowepro be protected? I knew kata has a rain jacket. How long is e warranty for lowepro?

I also has some feedback saying kata is better build, is that true?

not all lowepro have the AW jacket.

jus look at the name will tell u.
with AW at the end of the bag name, it has the jacket.

There is a similar thread on review for kata 466/467.

http://davidgilbert.org/Review-kata-dr-466

I also found the below statement from the URL to be a serious flaw.

"Just under the handle, towards the back of the pack, is a hole, probably for a headphone wire. This is very badly designed. It's way too open. Any drops of water, either from rain, or simply drops from trees, will find their way in here."

About a raincover, you can get a raincover for cheap in a hiking bag store. There is one in Parkway Parade called Sports Connection. I got mine there for my Fastpack 250.

Anyway, everyone has different needs and requirements. I got the Fastpack 250 in the end because I wanted a bag with fast access. But then again, I have quite a few bags, each has it use in different situations and setups. I do admit the Fastpack 250 is not the best looking tho.

Thanks for the information. I presume we have to keep e lowepro receipt else e warranty will be void

Thanks for the information. I presume we have to keep e lowepro receipt else e warranty will be void

I keep all my receipts from big ticket items down to $10 accessories. It is not hard, just shove the receipt with the relevant warranty card, or the manual.

Status
Not open for further replies.