Karate Tournament

Status
Not open for further replies.

tweakmax

Feb 3, 2002
Visit site
My karate club will be having a tournament (full-contact) on 28th June 2003, Saturday at Cheng San CC @ 7:30pm.

There will be about 30 fighters from various training places: Orchard Towers, Siglap, Cheng San, Pasir Ris, Yio Chu Kang and Singapore Police Force Gurkhas Contingent. The winners will fight in 8th World Open Karate Tournament in Japan this Nov.

I will be shooting the event
Hope u guys can come oso

:D

Any arrangement for photogs to get close to shoot? Is it indoor?

Originally posted by eug
Any arrangement for photogs to get close to shoot? Is it indoor?

Yes it is indoor

There is no restriction on cams so u can get very very close

How close do you want to get? :D wait a flying kick or punch and that's it .. the camera flies as well :)

Btw, where's Cheng San CC? Sounds pretty near to my house, think I can afford the time to go down for a few shots.

Date revised to 28th June 2003, Saturday at Cheng San CC @ 7:30pm.

Apologies
:D

keep me posted! i might want to join you guys (to shoot, not spar, hahaha!, too old oredi!).

Originally posted by GitS
keep me posted! i might want to join you guys (to shoot, not spar, hahaha!, too old oredi!).

Sure no problem :)

Just for information, Kyokushin Karate is one of the hardest and most effective fighting systems in the world. It is known as the 'strongest karate'.

During a typical tournament, competitors do not put on headgear, padding or any other form of protection. It is essentially the toughest karate tournament.

Originally posted by tweakmax
So far there is no restriction on using flash ;)

This is strange, think the event organiser mess this detail up, you mean while the folks are in the mat, we get up close with our cams, and still get to use flash? Would that not be a serious distraction?

And even if the organiser does not say anything about this, would the contestants mind? I am pretty sure they would.

Originally posted by fruitybix
This is strange, think the event organiser mess this detail up, you mean while the folks are in the mat, we get up close with our cams, and still get to use flash? Would that not be a serious distraction?

And even if the organiser does not say anything about this, would the contestants mind? I am pretty sure they would.

As I have said, so far there is no restriction.

I understand your good intention for the contestants. It would of coz be better to use a long telephoto and shoot without flash.

You decide.

Originally posted by GitS

Cool! Tweakmax, thanks! Will join in too with you guys!

The tournament is confirmed.

28th June 2003 (Saturday)
7pm
Cheng San CC (alight at Ang Mo Kio Mrt Station, 5 min walk)

Besides the tournament, my dojo Sensei Patrick Teo
, 4th Dan, will be demonstrating breaking 3 baseball bats all at one go with his shin, plus other demonstrations.

Be there :rbounce:

Originally posted by RuthBaby
i want to see blood :devil:

Blood is a common thing in Kyokushin Karate (full-contact)

U will not be disappointed Ruthie :)

Originally posted by sehsuan
wah ruthie, your 85mm lens will come in handy in case it's no flash... :)

IMHO, for sports, the flash often destroys the atmosphere.

Furthermore, the blue/red color tatami map used in the tournament reflected the flash and gives a blueish/reddish tone.

So better not to use flash (for consideration for the fighters too)

Status
Not open for further replies.