Jan 24, 2008
Karate%20Kid2.jpg

Model: NIKON D50
ISO: 400
Exposure: 1/320 sec
Aperture: f/8.0
Focal Length: 16mm
Flash Used: Yes SB-600

- Does the flash just enough to light the subject?
- Does the framing and composition suits the subject?

Feel free to comment and critic.
Thanks for the suggestions and tips.

Kinda distracted by the background - the sitting couple, the [naked] boy figure and the lone sampan.
Is it my eyes or the boy's facial features not sharp enough?

foreground underexposed to me, cant see his legs also

why u use f8? couldve stop up and lower iso imo

and yes the silouhettes in the bacground is very distacting

a tad too cluttered because of the messy background. if this was without everybody else, i think there is potential. colors getting a tad too saturated here, the guy is starting to look too red.

Very good comment and critic and I do agree its kinda cluttered. I think i did to much on the saturation on the kids face which makes his face orange.

I have another pic but this time its a version 2 of the karated kid shot in silhouette. I believe I was able to compose better without too much clutter on the background and focusing on the 3 kids as the subject with the nice background.

I just adjusted the contrast and brightness in PS and that's all. Not sure if I had overdone the saturation part.

Model: NIKON D50
ISO: 400
Exposure: 1/250 sec
Aperture: f/8.0
Focal Length: 14mm

Karate%20Kid%20ver.2.jpg

Feel free to comment and critic.

Firstly, please read the guidelines. There is a limit of one photo per week. This is to give sufficient time for elaborate critique on the photo.

Now, while the second photo is up we might as well talk a bit about it. There's still quite a fair bit of clutter in the background so it still looks very messy. Guy on the left is impaled by a boat in the background, if you notice. I think the colours look alright on this one, since there's no skin tone present.

Status
Not open for further replies.