karaoke neighbours @ 1am, what to do?

Headshotzx

Dec 14, 2007
Punggol
So, it's 1am. karaoke neighbours are blasting. They're in your block, near you (the sound is transmitting through the building structure). What would be practical ways to shut them up when you don't know exactly who is doing it?

just get your earplugs and listen to some soothing music... don't think about who's doing the noise, coz it will piss you off... the more you get pissed off, the more you won't be able to sleep.

here in sg we can't do so much about this type of things, if you really wanna do sumthin bout it, just call the police... that's all.

nyt!;)

I know what you mean about not knowing where the noise is coming from -- it's not easy to tell when the source is in your block. The easiest way is to get out and walk towards the source.
If I were you, I'd politely ask them to cut it out. Then call the cops if they ignore you. 1am is a ridiculous time for this to be happening!

in a sense i am luckier then you. mahjong session upstairs.

you should just switch on your karaoke system and sing duet with them.

Time to relax...

can call police... i think after 11 no loud noises no?

Yes,call police and they are not allow to sing until 1am.The latest is until 11pm at night.if not all your neigbour in your blk will complain.

take ur dslr go out takephoto.

if got video just shoot video

you should just switch on your karaoke system and sing duet with them.

Time to relax...

maybe you would like to knock at their door and ask whether you can join them . . . :bsmilie:
sorry jokes aside . . . if it is once off, i think we can just give them a chance . . . :think:
if it is often, then i think just call the poilce will do . . . please don't go to them and then call the police, you will sour your relationship with them . . .

normally the police will give them a warning only for the first time. :think:

So, it's 1am. karaoke neighbours are blasting. They're in your block, near you (the sound is transmitting through the building structure). What would be practical ways to shut them up when you don't know exactly who is doing it?

Join them... and kill their enthu..

that's me , i am preparing myself in a competition, sorry about that.

[vid]-paLiHAz4Vk[/vid]

Join them... and kill their enthu..

In that case I think you better dress like this to join them:

crossdressing-young-man-mcdonalds-shanghai-300x200.jpg

I agree, call police and let them talk to your neighbor....not safe to go there specially if they are drunk......

If blasting, you may be able to zero in on the flat. What's the music - Indian or Chinese or Malay or other language? The police may not be enthusiastic to help you solve this. They prefer to score points for promotion by cracking drug busts or sensational murders. You may have to tell them that you may complain to the MP or Police Commisioner if they don't act on it.

Last edited:
Noise Pollution

To register complaints or find out more about NEA’s noise pollution regulations, please contact the NEA Call Centre at 1800-CALL-NEA (1800-2255 632).

http://app2.nea.gov.sg/topics_noise.aspx