Kampung Buangkok - safe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jtan4

Nov 29, 2006
Hi All.

HAving seen so many nice pics of Kampung Buangkok, I'm so tempted to go there too and take some (hopefully) nice pictures.

Just a few questions..

First and most important question - is it safe for a girl to go there with another girl? I feel like going on a weekday, take leave from work and go there with a friend.. but just worried about whether it's soooo ulu/abandoned that it is dangerous.

second - can drive there? Where to park?

Thanks so much!

Cheers
jinny

Hi All.

HAving seen so many nice pics of Kampung Buangkok, I'm so tempted to go there too and take some (hopefully) nice pictures.

Just a few questions..

First and most important question - is it safe for a girl to go there with another girl? I feel like going on a weekday, take leave from work and go there with a friend.. but just worried about whether it's soooo ulu/abandoned that it is dangerous.

Thanks so much!

Cheers

jinny

hi, try to get some male friends along with u and yr galfren.:sweatsm:

No, it is not so Ulu....a short walk from the main road.
Most of the malay villages are quite friendly....

Oh...becareful, there's two dogs which is very fierce....

Enjoy your trip...experient what kampong is ..... one of the Malay house is quite nice.

Go and sit the seesaw....

Hi All.

Just a few questions..

Thanks so much!

Cheers
jinny

Haha.. unfortunately, no guy friends who are interested in photography. Plus we're doing it on a weekday so not many people are willing to just take leave to go. We can't do weekends because I've got my family commitments and my friend is also busy.

We're hoping that Kampung Buangkok is safe for 2 gals to go exploring. =)

Haha.. unfortunately, no guy friends who are interested in photography. Plus we're doing it on a weekday so not many people are willing to just take leave to go. We can't do weekends because I've got my family commitments and my friend is also busy.

safe lah...no tiger...:bsmilie:

Hire a couple of bodyguards? :bsmilie:

Hi,

I home is just 5 mins walk from Kampung Buangkok and I've been there 3-4 times.
The folks staying there are very friendly.
Just be polite, don't be a nuisance, ask permission if you are taking photos of ppl and you'll be fine.

Have a good time.

Cheers! :D
Dan

Dun forget the insect repellent. Lotsa mozzies! :)

Hi All.

Just a few questions..

Thanks so much!

Cheers
jinny

should be quite safe lah... just don't go when it is dark... i think the kampung going to be gone... so go before it is gone...
just be on the alert... anything feel not right, just run...
n inform your family or friends where u going... tell them if no news from u 2 by x pm, call mata...

Last edited:

maybe i can join you for the shoot if you welcome strangers from the CS. wednesday maybe?

I never been to Kampung Buangkok.. may I join? :)

Maybe what I'll do is once my friend and I have firmed up our plans, we'll let you know and let's see if you can join us. It'll be good to have a group going - good to have people with similar interests! =)

Cheers
Jinny

where is this place?
do you have a map to show?
like google earth or street directory?

i am interested in such ulu ulu places also ...
can explore

where is this place?
do you have a map to show?
like google earth or street directory?

i am interested in such ulu ulu places also ...
can explore

in the areas of hougang and serangoon :sweat:

i had been staying at Serangoon North for 10 years... very near Buankok ..
but i never heard there is a village there
or a kampong ...

hahahaaa

I live a stone throw away from there, and the people there are generally friendly. I've went there for a shoot with some friends before, some things to note before heading there;

- insect repellent if you're prone to bites from mozzies
- try not to trespass the villager's houses
- do not wander too near the haunted house or the pond that's near it

generally to get there, one can take the LRT West line from Sengkang and drop at Layar, or buses available at 70, 103 and 854. Routes includes 854 from Yishun MRT or Bedok MRT, 103 from Serangoon MRT and 70 from Yio Chu Kang MRT. Walk in from Gerald Drive and turn right. Taking a cab from Serangoon or Yio Chu Kang will set u back by about 9 bucks, Hougang, 7 bucks.

lots of interesting topics, if anyone of you CSers are going there on a weekends, I'll be glad to show u guys around if i'm free.

Last edited:
Got haunted house? Where and how do I identify it? I sure don't want to go near it... so, please tell me how to identify it so that I can avoid it. =) Thanks thanks thanks..

Status
Not open for further replies.