Kaiser diascop 50N Dia-Betrachter, what is this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys, I have seen this item 2nd hand and consider to buy.. how much do you think it worths?

by the way, initially i thought it is a slide projector, but it seems a slide viewer? so the slide image will appear on the 'lamp'?

hope you share your opinions.. thanks.

http://www.dnet24.de/xt/product_info.php?ref=95&products_id=0000000114989

It is indeed a slide viewer - a more or less (usually less) evenly lit background, a slide holder, and an integral magnifying glass. Don't expect good optical quality or impressive magnification. These units are useful for showing a few slides to someone in a pinch, but not a substitute for a projector.

oic..i read some website saying it can be used with framed slide..and uncut filmstrip, so that's mean negative can be viewed too? as the negative's shadow/highlight brown image?

oic..i read some website saying it can be used with framed slide..and uncut filmstrip, so that's mean negative can be viewed too? as the negative's shadow/highlight brown image?

If it takes film strips, you can also look at negatives - but why? Negatives don't make that interesting pictures to look at, and for checking sharpness etc., the magnification and general optical quality of such slide viewers is not really sufficient. For this purpose, you'd be better off with a light box and a good (i.e. at least somewhat corrected) magnifying glass.

Status
Not open for further replies.