K5 Stock

gtl1987

Oct 28, 2008
Hi guys, anyone knows what is the stock status for the K5 currently? I preordered one at SLR Revolution yesterday, but the shop guy has no confirmed ETA. Has anyone ordered from SLR Revolution and managed to collect it from them? Or is all the K5s out there direct from Emjay? Thanks!

Hi guys, anyone knows what is the stock status for the K5 currently? I preordered one at SLR Revolution yesterday, but the shop guy has no confirmed ETA. Has anyone ordered from SLR Revolution and managed to collect it from them? Or is all the K5s out there direct from Emjay? Thanks!

Emjay is the distributor. They distribute to the shops when the stocks arrive . . .

Sorry, perhaps I didn't phrase my question correctly. Basically, has anyone gotten a K5 from SLR Revolution so far? I am afraid that Emjay might give priority to all that order from them, and the shops don't get any. Cause I need it by the 6th, before i fly off to japan.

Last edited:
Sorry, perhaps I didn't phrase my question correctly. Basically, has anyone gotten a K5 from SLR Revolution so far? I am afraid that Emjay gives priority to all that order from them, and the shops don't get any. Cause I need it by the 6th, before i fly off to japan.

Perhaps, you can edit your original post instead of posting new ones.
A pre-order is an order placed for an item which has not yet been released.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pre-order
In this case, the K5 should not falls into this catergory.:)

Sorry, perhaps I didn't phrase my question correctly. Basically, has anyone gotten a K5 from SLR Revolution so far? I am afraid that Emjay gives priority to all that order from them, and the shops don't get any. Cause I need it by the 6th, before i fly off to japan.

I believe there is still backlot for those who order from Emjay, its not fair to said emjay give priority for themslves...Maybe u would like to email to emjay and check when the stock for shop arrive. No hard feeling..:D

Just spoke with SLRR.
Stocks supposed to arrive this week.
But some screw-up in the shipment resulted in a delay. Targetted date is 20-21 Nov.
Their words, not mine.
:dunno:

Guess have to wait. Was hoping to get it these 2 days so I can take photos of the annual Hari Raya Haji Korban event at my local mosque tomorrow.

Gets few more days on the K-x.

Wildcard, if you are in a hurry to get one, give Emjay a call. They should have some spares around. Collection date for lot 2 pre-order is today.

Wildcard, if you are in a hurry to get one, give Emjay a call. They should have some spares around. Collection date for lot 2 pre-order is today.

So anyone collected their K5 today at Emjay?

Got my K5 at 6.30pm just now. Got two bros there most probably to collect their K5 when i left. Nw on my way to get my GGS then home to update the firmware..:D

Edit: I also saw the new gold colour MIJ DA 35 F2.4 which Ronald said is limited edition and will be up for sales soon. For those who might be interested.

So anyone collected their K5 today at Emjay?

Last edited:
hmm,, always wanted a gold lens. Wonder how much it that gold DA35mm f/2.4. ;)

Will it be worth its weight in gold? :D

Congrats Aaron, I cancelled my order or else I would be there too. Now I will try to order from SLR-R.

Thanks for the heads up bro.
Will give SLR-R a call tomorrow.

Might already be in today but was at home all day and too lazy to step out.

Thanks bro! You shouldnt have cancelled your order lah.. The gold DA 35 looks cool, abit like a LTD lens but too bad i bought the normal one sometime back liao..

Congrats Aaron, I cancelled my order or else I would be there too. Now I will try to order from SLR-R.

What to do? Cheap skate like me looks for the best deal. SLR-R is selling for $1654. Emjay charged me $1750.

I wonder when I can get my k-5? waiting is painful... :sweat:

Hmm the silver DA 35 f2.4 would look more like a Limited actually...