K5 Silver to be avail by Mar 2011

genecor

Jun 7, 2010
North of the Little Red Dot
Just got forwarded this from a friend based in the UK, best be standing by your $$$ folks! It's coming!! ;)

K-5_Limited_Silver_front[1].jpg

Press Release:

Pentax has announced that its multi-award winning K-5 is now available in a beautiful new silver colour.

This limited version (only 50 units are available in the UK) has had a complete face lift and features a new finish, thumb wheels, buttons and packaging. In addition, the back LCD and top screen of the Silver K-5 have been reinforced to provide additional durability. The camera also benefits from a redesigned handle, making it more comfortable to use.

The Silver K-5 is also equipped with the latest firmware update, ensuring it offers the latest in technology.
To complete the new K-5 silver version, three already existing pancake lenses are now also available in silver:

• smc DA 40mm f/2.8 Limited Silver
  • smc DA 21mm f/3.2 AL Limited Silver
  • smc DA 70mm f/2.4 Limited Silver

The RRP of:

• The Silver K-5 : TBC
  • The smc DA 40mm f/2.8 Limited Silver : TBC
  • The smc DA 21mm f/3.2 AL Limited Silver : TBC
  • The smc DA 70mm f/2.4 Limited Silver : TBC

The Silver K-5 and its three silver lenses will be available from all good retailers in March, 2011.

K-5_Limited_Silver_back[1].jpg

http://www.pentaxuser.co.uk/news/the-silver-k-5-limited-edition-323

Pre-order anyone? :devil:

I'm eating one meal a day until I lay my hands on a K-5 silver

hmm.. think i also have to eat 1 meal a day also..
Praying hard the price wont be too much different from the black. :sweat:

It's "limited" edition, so as much as I wish it to be not much more than the normal black one, it will probably be. :(

Haiz...I think I just stick to my Black K5 then. Its a fleeting dream to own this Silver Horse.

It's a limited edition w/ total of 1500 available in the whole world. I'm sure Emjay will bring in some, but don't know how many. Most likely will be available in March :)

Do they have a unique serial number on each body, e.g. #14/1500?

Hmm ... does it also mean that the DA Silver Limiteds will be coming in March?

Too Bad no Sliver DA15mm....:cry:

ah man limited sets... Chances look very slim of getting it. Limited stock again.
If Emjay is bringing some in ? Are we going to get from the Retails stores or from emjay?

Damn poisonous the Silver colour K5, each time looking at it make me think of how it feels holding it. ;p

Silver is really pretty, but its simply too bling for me, I quite like how discrete the regular K-5 is with a small prime.

ill be waiting for some1's black K5 in the BnS section :lovegrin:

ill be waiting for some1's black K5 in the BnS section :lovegrin:

Haha, hrmm yeah man.. all us "poor" fella can only hope to pick up a nicely looked after Black K5 from our brethren here who gets the Silver edition...

I also noticed on Pentax forums front page they mentioned its available in US only in April... weird..

I feel someone is getting poisoned already . . . :devil:

Actually, after all the euphoria had settled, I ain't so sure I needed a silver k5 with all these silver / chrome lenses.

If I already have the chrome FA ltds, I think the decision could be more clear cut.

But I have a K-r that weathered through the Gunung Ledang streams/rapids, it's already a more than capable tool for me. ;-)

So bbb the chrome DAs, and let me have your black DAs! ;-)

Any body know the premium of the previous silver K-7 over the black k-7?

Maybe this will give us an indication of the price premium.

I think i will be aiming to buy the k-5 and silver Da Ltds. then i believe i have a lifetime to work on my skills to match the equpiment.

I think i will be aiming to buy the k-5 and silver Da Ltds. then i believe i have a lifetime to work on my skills to match the equpiment.

Until the K-5 Gold limited edition is out!

Do they have a unique serial number on each body, e.g. #14/1500?

Don't think so.
The Silver K7 does not have serial number from 0001 to 1000.
So, we never know if there are more than 1000 pcs Silver K7 released.
Unlike watches, the serial number is engraved on the back.