K5 or K30

True that the colour on 18135 is abit "flat"?

I think I read somewhere there is a mirror flop issue during using liveview on k30 or there is no problem? Can anyone elaborate? Does this problem happen in k5?

Cheers!

I think I read somewhere there is a mirror flop issue during using liveview on k30 or there is no problem? Can anyone elaborate? Does this problem happen in k5?

Cheers!

i dont think u call that a mirror flop. when u used live view. there is a double shutter sound. just that in k5 its softer and u maybe not notice its double shutter. in k30 its louder.

Ok. Appreciated. Thank you for your input.

Cheers!

Finally yesterday, after much struggle between k30 and k5, decided to get the k5 as my first digital dslr. Somehow, to me the grip on k5 feels much better than k30 and I dont seems to favour the look of the k30. I still have a long way to go for this camera and I believe this is forum for me to learn. Looking forward to the Pentax outing!

Cheers!

Finally yesterday, after much struggle between k30 and k5, decided to get the k5 as my first digital dslr. Somehow, to me the grip on k5 feels much better than k30 and I dont seems to favour the look of the k30. I still have a long way to go for this camera and I believe this is forum for me to learn. Looking forward to the Pentax outing!

Cheers!

Welcome to the family :)

Cheers!

Congrats! And welcome to the family :)

lensk said:

Cheers!

Welcome.....:)

lensk said:

Cheers!

Welcome!!

Cheers!

Welcome to the Pentax family

Cheers!

K-5 - Pentax's finest to date! Never been so satisfied with my SLR/DSLR before.

So sorry if this qn is ask before. Since i got my k5, i shoot with it once. When battery drop to 1 bar on top lcd while i was focusing in dim condition, it started to freeze. Is it common for it to freeze during 1bar? Any k5 sifu can recommend gd compatible battery? Is it good to get the battery grip since the price is cheaper than the battery(to me expensive) at webstore?

Thanks ! Still having fun with this mc and about photograpy!

Cheers!

So sorry if this qn is ask before. Since i got my k5, i shoot with it once. When battery drop to 1 bar on top lcd while i was focusing in dim condition, it started to freeze. Is it common for it to freeze during 1bar? Any k5 sifu can recommend gd compatible battery? Is it good to get the battery grip since the price is cheaper than the battery(to me expensive) at webstore?

Cheers!

Battery grip cheaper than battery? I'm sure that battery grip is third-party, ie no weather sealing, lousier buttons, less solid construction, inferior plastic, etc.

Regarding compatible batteries, the Divipower batteries from Manly Dept Store (in Chinatown, 26 Temple Street 6325 4868) are the best.

Don't get me started on freezing and glitches.. :( Keep using and if the problem persists, bring it to Emjay and try to replicate the problem on the spot for them

Cheers!

When you say "freeze", under what conditions? Type of lighting, etc . . . needs to be mentioned s that we understand more of the scenario too.
As Darrrrrrrrrr menioned, DiviPower from Manly is a good choice as it lasts . . . Webstore price for grip is cheaper than battery is because it is a 3rd party grip and not the original which will cost about $299.00 brand new.

I used K5 until battery goes to Zero also does not freeze.

Ok noted. Thks to Darren and Felixcat8888. I will just get the Divipower battery this few days. As for the freezing, I was at garden by the bay on the bridge heading to Marina Sands. At the time, my batt show 1 bar. As it was quite dark and this is the first time I am using, my exposure setting was wrong and shutter was pressed, I could hear the camera trying to focus and all of the sudden it freeze( where pressing the dial or shutter etc also gave no response). I decided to switch off and on after which turned out ok. But this time the batt showed 2 bar and I started to shoot a few more 20 shots where it drop to 1 bar and subsequently blinking. I guess I will just have to continue to shoot and see if this 'freeze' issue happen again and I will post it first hand.

FYI Manly is out of stock for the D-LI90. New stock coing in on Fri. Best to call before heading down.

FYI Manly is out of stock for the D-LI90. New stock coing in on Fri. Best to call before heading down.

Manly told me that they did not have Divipower anymore but they now stock for the Strongcell which they say is basically from same factory and work the same as well ;)

Manly told me that they did not have Divipower anymore but they now stock for the Strongcell which they say is basically from same factory and work the same as well ;)

Strange. That's not what they told me when I went in on Monday. Do they have ready stocks of this new battery?

lensk said:

Cheers!

It happen to me once when using one of those third party batteries. I felt that it could be due to the battery fault as that battery subsequently could not hold a charge well.