K30 - unable to upgrade firmware.

cnotsniw96

Jun 22, 2012
singapore
Hi guys, been trying to upgrade to 1.05 firmware but get this error message that battery power is insufficient to complete the upgrade.

Battery is fully charged and is relatively 'new' in the sense that usage on this camera is not high.

Anyone able to advise how i could complete the upgrade?

Thanks.

Hi guys, been trying to upgrade to 1.05 firmware but get this error message that battery power is insufficient to complete the upgrade.

Battery is fully charged and is relatively 'new' in the sense that usage on this camera is not high.

Anyone able to advise how i could complete the upgrade?

Thanks.

Which battery are you using? Is the battery selection at auto or LI-on or AA? Latest is v1.06

Last edited:
Hi. original battery and set to auto. Changed to Lithium same error message. :(

Last edited:
I'm normally unable to update firmware with NiMH AA Eneloops even if fully charged.
But have had no issues with a fully-charged original Li-ion battery.

Worst case scenario: Bring down to APD at e-Centre at Jln Bukit Merah and get Kelvin to take a look at it.

Thanks. May just have to do that. Do you know if they sell the rechargeable battery adapter at Bkt Merah? May just get that as well for backup power supply.

Thanks. May just have to do that. Do you know if they sell the rechargeable battery adapter at Bkt Merah? May just get that as well for backup power supply.

maybe should just get another li-on battery..3rd party should be fine too

I got my AA Battery adapter online as the original costs about $86.00 in the shops

maybe should just get another li-on battery..3rd party should be fine too

Is the pentaxwebstore still alive?

pls share recommended alternative online source and 3rd party batt, if possible. Much appreciated. Thanks.

i usually just go to SLRR and get their house brand 3rd party batteries...

Is the pentaxwebstore still alive? pls share recommended alternative online source and 3rd party batt, if possible. Much appreciated. Thanks.

A quick search of eBay will yield many sellers.
I've good luck with DSTE.