<K30 ISO Performance Test Request>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reportage

Nov 24, 2008
Is it possible for you to do a test if you are free?

That is of testing what the K30 specify is optimum settings for good exposure at Expo and Suntec City Exhibition Hall the ambient lighting especially at F/2.8 and preferably of still and moving subjects at 1/160 or higher?

The idea is to see just how high the iso is required for person exposure and how clean the image it is at the iso needed without any noise reduction.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
indoor exhibition light condition is about EV6, like MRT indoor's lighting,

at ISO 200, f2.8, shutter speed is 1/15;
so to achieve 1/160, with f2.8, ISO should be around ISO 1600 or ISO 3200,

Last edited:
indoor exhibition light condition is about EV6, like MRT indoor's lighting,

at ISO 200, f2.8, shutter speed is 1/15;
so to achieve 1/160, with f2.8, ISO should be around ISO 1600 or ISO 3200,

Thanks.

This is hilarious. Why would you need to know exposure settings specifically for k30? Exposure settings will not change because of the camera used.

Also I find it disconcerting that a supposed event pro is asking what settings are needed for expo / suntec.

he means he need sample shots from k30 at that setting to see the iso performance;

but mostly likely it will be identical to K-01 and K5

Is it possible for you to do a test if you are free?

LOL, I thought working pros are supposed to get angry at amateurs for undercutting them and stealing their jobs.. This time around got working pro asking amateurs to do work for him for free some more :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

Next time if I got wedding to shoot can I ask the bride's cousin to help me check the ISO setting in the church if they are free??

That is of testing what the K30 specify is optimum settings for good exposure at Expo and Suntec City Exhibition Hall the ambient lighting especially at F/2.8 and preferably of still and moving subjects at 1/160 or higher?

You want f/2.8 and 1/160, any camera with a working meter will give roughly the same exposure what.. What's so special about K-30 that will give it a different ISO reading from another camera? I thought you got shoot car babes at Suntec before, go see the ISO in your EXIF should be the same right? Do you even know your exposure basics? :kok:

Last edited:
Exposure settings will not change because of the camera used.

I may be wrong but it's possible, but the variance will be minimal - probably to do with the true ISO and rated ISO.

I'm quite sure Reportage isn't thinking about this though. To be honest, I even have doubts as to whether he is interested in the answer. Seeing how there seems to be a trend here, it may be another thread to show that he has another job at Suntec City. Business good good ah! :bsmilie:

This is hilarious. Why would you need to know exposure settings specifically for k30? Exposure settings will not change because of the camera used.

Also I find it disconcerting that a supposed event pro is asking what settings are needed for expo / suntec.

Having used cameras like the K20D, 5D, D5100, 7D, 1D MKII and etc...thats where the theory is incorrect.

Why not, doesnt hurt to ask how the K30 does in the environment? At the very least, i now know that its iso performance is at least twice that of my K20D and how it does against other DSLR i have used in similar configuration.

Having used cameras like the K20D, 5D, D5100, 7D, 1D MKII and etc...thats where the theory is incorrect.

How is it incorrect?

This is no different from person A saying that the sun rises from the east, and person B replying that having stayed in Malaysia, that is where the theory is incorrect. :bsmilie:

I may be wrong but it's possible, but the variance will be minimal - probably to do with the true ISO and rated ISO.

I'm quite sure Reportage isn't thinking about this though. To be honest, I even have doubts as to whether he is interested in the answer. Seeing how there seems to be a trend here, it may be another thread to show that he has another job at Suntec City. Business good good ah! :bsmilie:

I just wanted to know how good the iso performance of the K30 is against the DSLR i have used thus far in these environments. From the answer i was given, it is very promising since chances are future firmware upgrades could tweak the noise control even better. Right now, just waiting to see what will Pentax offer to supersede the K5.

Think of it this way...to Person A who has more sensitive eyes, the sun is painfully bright. To Person B who is certified blind, the sun is just a dim light.

They can be in the same place, same direction and even same distance from the sun.

How is it incorrect?

This is no different from person A saying that the sun rises from the east, and person B replying that having stayed in Malaysia, that is where the theory is incorrect. :bsmilie:

Last edited:
Think of it this way...to Person A who has more sensitive eyes, the sun is painfully bright. To Person B who is certified blind, the sun is just a dim light.

They can be in the same place, same direction and even same distance from the sun.

Uh-huh, and the dim light or bright light still rises from the east. :bsmilie:

And you still haven't really explained why you have used so many pro cameras and come to the conclusion that different camera and same settings yield different results. Certain cameras are blind? :bsmilie:

LOL, I thought working pros are supposed to get angry at amateurs for undercutting them and stealing their jobs.. This time around got working pro asking amateurs to do work for him for free some more :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

Next time if I got wedding to shoot can I ask the bride's cousin to help me check the ISO setting in the church if they are free??

You want f/2.8 and 1/160, any camera with a working meter will give roughly the same exposure what.. What's so special about K-30 that will give it a different ISO reading from another camera? I thought you got shoot car babes at Suntec before, go see the ISO in your EXIF should be the same right? Do you even know your exposure basics? :kok:

Well, whatever i am doing then it has to be correct right for people to hire me. My services are not exactly affordable nowadays and my clientele is not just any tom, dick or harry. Heck, i even got accreditation to photograph National Day Parade 2012 and that is not something every photographer can brag about and most would dream about. I am the guy with the Pentax in just about every sporting event and eventually every major event where other photographers are mostly using everything other then Pentax.

If you think you can do better, do it. Action speaks louder then words.

As for asking people to work for free, take note that it was a request and not a demand. I am thankful for the reply. For those who think too much into this thread...you guys are thinking too much. Chill.

*PS, if the bride cousin got free time for a couple of shots at the church and do not mind...i would ask since i can use the info from the photos to think what gear i would need for the test shoot and from there refine the equipment list if necessary for actual day. I would then credit the person for making the photographs a success. Who knows, might get more jobs from such a simple gesture.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.