K20d vs d90

Status
Not open for further replies.

pmchin

Oct 5, 2008
Dear all photokakis, went to buy D90 with my friends, now tempted with its D90 already !!

The P-mode itself already beat mine K100DS, I know it's not same level, so can not be compared.

Should go for K20D or D90???

R u expecting a d90 recommendation in Pentax forum? The choice is yours. Ha.

Y not wait for a possible K30D, at least you will be comparing the latest from each side. :>

Btw, I thk the k20's performance level is in the d300 league thou its price is only in d90 league.

It will be proper to compare both of these side by side cos you are comparing D90 and k100D super which is not of the same league.

K20D comparable with D300?? wow..

Anyway, of course if you compare K100d with D90 sure die..

beat what ?? can ur friend beat mi...:bsmilie:... just joking ah im sure he/she can...aya any camera can produce good images, only difference is AF speed, iso performance, handling ergonomics, maybe colors and dynamic range...

u might not like my comments cos i see too many of these thread comparing these and that which is kinda of funny... accolades is not given to 1 who has the best equipment but the work he or she can produce... its just my 2 cents worth... hope u take it as a pinch of salt... :)

it really depends what type of photography u r into or what u are after... i give u D90/K20D, maybe the pics might become slightly better in terms of color(this can be tweak), iso and have more detail, but are u a better photographer ??

a good pic is more about how or where u stand, have a good eye, how u look at things, great imagination creativity and concept, understanding of light, good at composition, angle and perspective, be difference from others etc etc and the list goes on and on... but none of it has to do with the camera...

just ask any pro... the execution is the easy part, its the planning, creative thinking, lots of time and effort that is the hard part...

D3/D700 also beat D90, why not change to D3/D700 instead... make life easy...:bsmilie:

bottom line is, use what works for u, buy what u can afford...its very simple, leave the difficult part in pursuing ur master piece...enjoy ur K100DS la... :thumbsup:

There is always a better camera in the horizon. its a never ending comparison of which one is better and who got the better cam. well, like flowerpot mention its not the gear that matters, its the person behind the camera.

I have seen so-called photographers have the best dslr/lens/flashes, but still produce photos worst than someone with a humble digicam. I also wish I can afford the best or something better, but I know eventually, it doesn't improve my photography at all.

Coming back to the TS topic, if you really want to compare, D90 and K20D, you can check out the specs in dpreview. But whats on paper doesn't mean its better. Both camera have their own pros and cons definately. I haven't use a D90 before but from the specs itself it looks tempting, especially the 4.5 fps and video mode.

thank you everyone for the comments,

flowerpot , I am totally agree with you, I am just a beginner, I should more concentrate on the photography instead of the gears..

Btw, I thk the k20's performance level is in the d300 league thou its price is only in d90 league.

Please hor, you need to be specific what aspects, these two cameras are not in the same league.

thank you everyone for the comments,

flowerpot , I am totally agree with you, I am just a beginner, I should more concentrate on the photography instead of the gears..

The D90 has a fanciful HD video function that is pretty crap, only first timers will think the videos are nice. Everything else about the camera is a decent upgrade from the K100Ds. If you are lusting for the camera because of the video, save your money and keep your K100Ds, it is good enough for many situations. If you need faster AF and, it is not the camera you should be looking at. If you need better high ISO performance, then maybe.

[...especially the 4.5 fps and video mode.[/QUOTE]

Hey Art2D2,

If I want to shoot video, I prefer a video-cam lah. Put in too many functions in a gadget not so good leh.

go with yr heart, no point being too loyal to either brand, life is short.

[...especially the 4.5 fps and video mode.

Hey Art2D2,

If I want to shoot video, I prefer a video-cam lah. Put in too many functions in a gadget not so good leh.

I know the D90 video quality is not very good (from the samples I've seen), but I'm coming from a travelling cam point of view, no need to bring extra video cam for holidays mah, not mention the charger, batts and accessories that comes with a video cam. I rather bring more lens.

Last edited:
I know the D90 video quality is not very good (from the samples I've seen), but I'm coming from a travelling cam point of view, no need to bring extra video cam for holidays mah, not mention the charger, batts and accessories that comes with a video cam. I rather bring more lens.

But look at the size of the videocams now, especially the flash memory ones. Can just slip it into one of the lens compartments in your camera bag.

K20D comparable with D300?? wow..

Anyway, of course if you compare K100d with D90 sure die..

If you are looking for a new camera along the lines of the D300 ......... up against the K20D, then the D90 is probably more suitable for you ........... go for it .....;p

If you are looking for a new camera along the lines of the D300 ......... up against the K20D, then the D90 is probably more suitable for you ........... go for it .....;p

actually the most suitable camera along the lines of the d300 is the d3. :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.