K20D Successor already in the pipeline?

Status
Not open for further replies.

airconvent

Apr 12, 2005
http://asia.cnet.com/crave/2008/03/18/samsung-mentions-gx-20-dslr-successor/

I'm not sure if this reflects the same path as Pentax or that Samsung, having paid their tuition fees with pentax has accumulated enough knowledge to launch a new model on their own. They are quite innovative. What is good for the consumers is another k-mount camera to widen the Pentax-compatible range.

maybe

it's a full frame!

this is how rumors start :bsmilie:

the KD :D

The model life cycle of cameras are increasingly getting shorter. I would imagine the future DSLR prototypes are probably beyond the drawing board stage and pre-production test models would already be at various stages of testing. I am sure the design engineers would be studying/dissecting the competition's newest models and analyzing user feedback of their current models.

well i hope they whip up the next model with a swivel LCD screen on top of what the k20D has !

well i hope they whip up the next model with a swivel LCD screen on top of what the k20D has !

I never need that swivel LCD.

Ya, agree that the swivel LCD is a lovely thing to have especially when you are adventous enough to experiment with different angle to get a new prespective.
I miss this feature when i moved from my first digital camera C5060 up to my first DSLR. Discovered that i do not experiement much with different angle as much i as i used to.

i would much rather have a swivel viewfinder. them lcds are useless in bright sunlight.

agrees... plus when the LCD Swivel... many problem can arise.. like connection issues whereby after using for long period, there might be lost connection issues...flickes..etc..

Swivel viewfinder, which company that adopted this must be very wise and innovative ...K20D upgrade from k10D is still too little ...Swivel view finder is definitely something that deserve MFG attention.

I personally hope they do not include a swivel LCD display. Its cumbersome and bulky as far as I am concerned and have no need for it. And as Kayster said, more moving parts means more potential problem areas. :)

Let me put it this way, the way Live View is currently implemented among current DSLRs can range from awkward to downright slow and inconvenient imo. It may have some benefit in composition by allowing overhead or low angle shooting (a right angle finder might work just as well) but try determining something like DOF from an LCD screen and you'll start to see it's more hype than help. So I have my doubts an articulated LCD screen for LV is anything more than a marketing gimmick. If I needed an articulated LCD screen, I'd go and get a proper VIDEO camera. :bsmilie:

Swivel LCD screen?
We are talking about future releases here...
Gotta think ahead of current technology.
Detachable wireless LCD screen shouldn't be hard to achieve... :p
Even with current technologies... ;)

Think there is a gadget currently avaiable in the market that provides similar function : Zigview

but you will still have problem seeing it under sunlight and it's inconvenient to hold the screen with one hand instead of being attached to the camera.

Let me put it this way, the way Live View is currently implemented among current DSLRs can range from awkward to downright slow and inconvenient imo. It may have some benefit in composition by allowing overhead or low angle shooting (a right angle finder might work just as well) but try determining something like DOF from an LCD screen and you'll start to see it's more hype than help. So I have my doubts an articulated LCD screen for LV is anything more than a marketing gimmick. If I needed an articulated LCD screen, I'd go and get a proper VIDEO camera. :bsmilie:

I agree, the whole idea of live view is one big gimmick. I'm angling for a right angle myself, but there are just so many other things that need money :angry:
better buy ozlotto next sat...

Think there is a gadget currently avaiable in the market that provides similar function : Zigview

unless they make a attachable LCD, which is up to individual to obtain and plug to the Video Out.. best if the Video Out can also allow individual to connect to large screen like Zigview. then, i would find that attractive.. else, swivel will definitely create problems like Cracks, accidental breakage, loose connection etc...

:nono: Using a swivel LCD screen will make me & my partner = dumb & dummy look alike. :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.