K20D from vPost

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys....need your kind inputs.

is this price too good to be true?

vPost K20D

Vpost USA shopping = Amazon. U'll be subjected to GST for anything abv S$400 (inclusive US shipping). The Amazon shop will shipped the item to Vpost US address and then you'll need pay the shipping from US to SG based on the actual weight and volume weight. Meaning if your item weights 3Kg BUT the seller wrapped it into a BIG box volume weight maybe 15Kg and u'll need pay 15Kg worth of shipping^^;

urgh!!

thanks for the clarifications longko..

Camera price + shipping cost is cheaper than local sets. Plus there is worldwide warranty that you can apply for.
Shipping cost & GST is actually not that expensive. If you have someone who can buy it for you and ship it over to you there might be further savings. The shipping cost for a camera is fair.

It's abt the price that I got from OP. Do note VPost takes quite some time to reach Singapore. Normally takes up to 2 or 3 weeks^^;

What eejal brought up made me double check the shipping rates again... and now I'm wondering if it's actually cheaper to bypass vpost and just get Amazon to ship directly to our doorstep?!

Amazon rates for shipping to Asia is US$8 per shipment, plus US$2 per pound (cheapest and slowest option, rounded up). vpost rates is S$13.24 base charge plus S$9.16 per kg. And to use vpost, we'll still need to pay for shipment to the USA vpost address.

Or am I using the wrong numbers to do this comparison?

Anyway, eejal, it does seem like shipping the K20D over is quite a good deal! The price of US$999 for the body is realistic, it's not a scam of any kind, if that's what you're worried about. Just have to work out all the shipping fees and taxes.

What eejal brought up made me double check the shipping rates again... and now I'm wondering if it's actually cheaper to bypass vpost and just get Amazon to ship directly to our doorstep?!

Amazon rates for shipping to Asia is US$8 per shipment, plus US$2 per pound (cheapest and slowest option, rounded up). vpost rates is S$13.24 base charge plus S$9.16 per kg. And to use vpost, we'll still need to pay for shipment to the USA vpost address.

Or am I using the wrong numbers to do this comparison?

Anyway, eejal, it does seem like shipping the K20D over is quite a good deal! The price of US$999 for the body is realistic, it's not a scam of any kind, if that's what you're worried about. Just have to work out all the shipping fees and taxes.

Most Amazon seller/shop do not shipped to Asia, if they do, normally shipping charges is higher than B&H or Adorama. B&H is selling at US$1009.95 & Adorama at $999.99. Other option is check out how much Malaysia is selling & u can request for International Warranty Card;)

From past experience, Vpost or CGW is normally cheaper BUT slower.

Status
Not open for further replies.