K20D - "Best image quality from APS C DSLR we've seen" - Camera Australia

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got myself a Sigma 30mm f/1.4 to work with it atm. Waiting to clear my collections of Olympus lens b4 I can invest on Pentaxs'

Bought a K20D today. Still struggling hard to get use to it. So much different from my Olympus.

Let me know if you change your mind about the K20D ---------- don't try too hard ;p:bsmilie:

And almost immediately, I felt so used to the layout of the Pentax cameras (both kx00d and kx0d series)

Seriously, the ergonomics and controls layout of the K100DS and K20D are superb and very intuitive. You can just pick up, spend a couple of minutes reading the labels and start shooting, as I did. Only for the more complicated stuff do you need to delve into the menus.

Don't want to point fingers, but in comparison, the 40D is a fine camera performance wise, but was a real ergonomic headache, atleast for me. Body is too big for my hands, and button layout is totally unintuitive.:thumbsd:

Nikon is much closer to the pentax in the handling and ergonomics department, I think.

anyone know where can i get a 50-135 f/2.8?

guess my gals will be lucky to be shot by ya K20D.. haa.. remember to change ya signature.. u no more olyumpus liao.. change it ya K20D ba

bro, ur info very fast leh.. :thumbsup:

DA* are prized quite reasonably in US currently. They would compliment your K20D really well. :D

I am also sourcing for 50-135 after seeing the wonderful shots in the picture section. Check out the price list for information.

Bought a K20D today. Still struggling hard to get use to it. So much different from my Olympus.

Congrats on the new camera. I'm sure you'd love it. And you'd love it more if you get some Limited Pancake lenses :cool:

The DA*50135 is a great performer as well. A bit expensive here in local stores, but worth it if you take some excellent photos w/ it :)

Cheers and happy shooting.

Congrats on the new camera. I'm sure you'd love it. And you'd love it more if you get some Limited Pancake lenses :cool:

The DA*50135 is a great performer as well. A bit expensive here in local stores, but worth it if you take some excellent photos w/ it :)

Cheers and happy shooting.

Any idea how much does it cost actually locally? Interested in getting one. Just got one of those Pentax 540 flash today and the controls seem confusing to me.. need to start reading some manual.

Status
Not open for further replies.