Status
Not open for further replies.

fengwei

Aug 25, 2004
Queenstown
www.pbase.com
Source from a Pentax fanboy:

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1036&message=27694923

"In fact, we'd venture to say that this is the best image quality we've seen out of an APS-C format DSLR to date - superbly resolved fine details, beautifully rendered colours across the gamut and a dynamic range - even without any expansion processing - which balances the highlight and shadow detail pretty competently."

"It all comes together in a camera that's thoroughly enjoyable to use, hugley capable and has the potential to deliver a big picyure performance. With its range of DA digital lenses on the increase, Pentax is really becoming a DSLR force to be reckoned with. It hasn't reached the dizzying heights it achieved in the 35mm world, but if it continues to progress as it has over the last 12 months, history could well be repeated."

Not a bad review, isnt' it ;) Especially the last point :thumbsup:

I kinda like the way K20D works, and I feel I do alot less PPing ever since I had the K20D camera :D

Source from a Pentax fanboy:

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1036&message=27694923

"In fact, we'd venture to say that this is the best image quality we've seen out of an APS-C format DSLR to date - superbly resolved fine details, beautifully rendered colours across the gamut and a dynamic range - even without any expansion processing - which balances the highlight and shadow detail pretty competently."

"It all comes together in a camera that's thoroughly enjoyable to use, hugley capable and has the potential to deliver a big picyure performance. With its range of DA digital lenses on the increase, Pentax is really becoming a DSLR force to be reckoned with. It hasn't reached the dizzying heights it achieved in the 35mm world, but if it continues to progress as it has over the last 12 months, history could well be repeated."

Not a bad review, isnt' it ;) Especially the last point :thumbsup:

I kinda like the way K20D works, and I feel I do alot less PPing ever since I had the K20D camera :D

I guess you would soon be saying: Not exactly 100% Natural but definitely the closest you can get to it .................. ;)

I guess you would soon be saying: Not exactly 100% Natural but definitely the closest you can get to it .................. ;)

fengwei, what do you think of K20D SR? Is it better?

fengwei, what do you think of K20D SR? Is it better?

I personlly feel that the K20D SR is more consistent than the K10D. The photo (test shot) below was taken at 1/8s at night.

IMGP0267-1.jpg

kcsum, the hawker centre in your photo has very nice congee in the mornings. Sorry for OT.

kcsum, the hawker centre in your photo has very nice congee in the mornings. Sorry for OT.

In fact I was there eating the famous BBQ sting ray, satay and the fish head steam boat. Sorry for the OT again.

I'm a olympus user, read about this pentax k20d on a magazine, "Digital photo". Really keen to know how good it is. Thinking of jumping ship.

And don't know much about Pentax camera model sequence. K20D and K200D.. which one is the higher end one?

I'm a olympus user, read about this pentax k20d on a magazine, "Digital photo". Really keen to know how good it is. Thinking of jumping ship.

And don't know much about Pentax camera model sequence. K20D and K200D.. which one is the higher end one?

K20D is the higher one

was reading the tech spec of the k20d, it says;

Mount PENTAX KAF2 bayonet mount
Usable lenses PENTAX KAF2-, KAF-, and KA-mount lenses.

But on the website i only see KB/65 lens.. what does it means?

try not to worry so much...u just need to knw every existing lenses that ever were made for pentax is still usuable on the same body today

Any lens for Pentax can be mount on K20D. Think I'm getting mine pretty soon but still deciding on the lens.

Any lens for Pentax can be mount on K20D. Think I'm getting mine pretty soon but still deciding on the lens.

True , except for the M42 mount for which you will need an adapter. Adapter costs no more than $35/-. :)

True , except for the M42 mount for which you will need an adapter. Adapter costs no more than $35/-. :)

Any idea where to look for original Pentax adapter? Is it possible to permanently glue those 3rd party adapter to those m42 lens?

Any idea where to look for original Pentax adapter? Is it possible to permanently glue those 3rd party adapter to those m42 lens?

If you glue the original Pentax adapter to your lens, your lens will be permanently stuck on the camera. if you mount it This is because you need a key to unlatch the adapter from the camera after you have unscrewed the M42 lens from the adapter. You might want to ask Fengwei where you can find the original adapter. :)

There are 3rd party adapters that are made like the original one. I sold one piece a while back..

Bought a K20D today. Still struggling hard to get use to it. So much different from my Olympus.

Bought a K20D today. Still struggling hard to get use to it. So much different from my Olympus.

Welcome to the Pentax family!

I'm actually quite shocked that I just recently saw your note on you being enticed...and the next moment, you are a K20D user!

As with all systems, I guess it takes some time to get use to. I tried the Olympus and Canon stuff and also felt that way. And almost immediately, I felt so used to the layout of the Pentax cameras (both kx00d and kx0d series), and anything else is just too complicated.

You'll get used to it, and when the primes LBA starts kicking in, it doesn't stop. :lovegrin: :sweat:

Status
Not open for further replies.