K20D / 16-50 DA*, Price in HK and where to buy

Status
Not open for further replies.

dnaxe

Oct 5, 2006
Does anyone know?

I'm tempted to upgrade. ;)

Manshing should have it, I think. Its conveniently located next to "Woman's Street" looi yan kai (Can't remember the name of the street...should be Tung Choi St)
Large store and quite a few pentax stuff. Recommended by dennis.

Tin Cheung Camera
Location: Shop 5 Friends' House, 6B Carnarvon Road, Tsim Sha Tsui, Kowloon, Hong Kong.
MTR: Tsim Sha Tsui station - exit D2 - over the road next to the 7-eleven.
Internet: http://www.tincheungcamera.com.hk/
Tel : (852) 2722 1265
Store hours : Sun: 12:00pm -6:00 pm, Mon-Sat: 11:00am-8:00pm
· Official import plus parallel import (therefore you have the option of HK/China warranty, or discounted without warranty.)
· Run by a photo enthusiast. As well as the usual digital and 35mm, there is a selection of medium format gear.
· Some stock kept on-site. Sometimes you might have to wait a few days for selected models.
· They also run a large-scale internet sale business.
· Tripods and other accessories upstairs.

I just came back from HK recently. Their services and maybe the price definitely better compare to those shop (like Wing Shing, Mang Shing etc) found in MongKok. Last check the price of this lens around $1300+- which is much more cheaper then in Singapore.
However is good check out the price first before u purchase.

sweet. thanks :)

Was quoted 10800 for the k20d + grip + 4gb, and 7350 for the 16-50.

(Wan shing)

Not particularly attractive...

Didn't bargain though. Will try tin cheung tomorrow :d

Was quoted 10800 for the k20d + grip + 4gb, and 7350 for the 16-50.

(Wan shing)

Not particularly attractive...

Didn't bargain though. Will try tin cheung tomorrow :d

How can you go to HK and NOT bargain?
Price already quite attractive, will be more attractive if you can bargain and yet even more attractive if you can bargain in Cantonese. ;)

Creampuff - can't bargain in cantonese! *sob*

10800 --> quite good la... grip alone is ~$220, so K20D ~1700 not bad...

It the lens price which is less attractive :)

The lens is more attractive as a purchase - because technically just getting that would make my current k100d focus faster (50 1.4 having crappyish focus speed is the thing and I have no other fast-ish lens) and it is a zoom!

--

On a separate note, I tried a 50 1.4 mounted on a k20d, and the focus speed improvement is not quite perceptible. Meh.

Creampuff - can't bargain in cantonese! *sob*

It the lens price which is less attractive :)

The lens is more attractive as a purchase - because technically just getting that would make my current k100d focus faster (50 1.4 having crappyish focus speed is the thing and I have no other fast-ish lens) and it is a zoom!

--

On a separate note, I tried a 50 1.4 mounted on a k20d, and the focus speed improvement is not quite perceptible. Meh.

Look on the bright side, at least it will be more accurate.:bsmilie:

Alex,
If the price is right, go for it lah...I wonder if that $30-$50 savings is worth the agony to have to wait much later to enjoy it. You can bargain in Chinese I suppose too.....just don't speak english in front of him or he may think you are towkay son from US...:bsmilie:
But serious, why not wait for the Pentax 55mm f/1.4 instead? That one has a "P" in it and definitely SDM too...;)

Pm me if u can speak canto & know ur way ard in Mongkok, there're some shops which offer much better prices than Manshing or Tin Cheung.

The no bargain price seems standard - got the same price at stanley street, but no stock!

Can't bargain in cantonese unfortunately...

And the 10800 price is pretty good I agree - it's the lens price which isn't really that hot..

-

The 40d + 17-55 is 15600 - which is substantially better than singapore!

Alex,
If the price is right, go for it lah...I wonder if that $30-$50 savings is worth the agony to have to wait much later to enjoy it. You can bargain in Chinese I suppose too.....just don't speak english in front of him or he may think you are towkay son from US...:bsmilie:
But serious, why not wait for the Pentax 55mm f/1.4 instead? That one has a "P" in it and definitely SDM too...;)

:p

Don't know if the improvement is really worthwhile!

I've decided to leave it for the moment. No need.

Edit: Unless I find some great price for the 16-50 - I'd rather get that than the body. Might end up shipping that from the US.

With the spotty reputation relating to the 16-50's sharpness (raves & rants), buying blind without testing might not be a wise thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.