K200D not coming to Singapore?

Status
Not open for further replies.

airconvent

Apr 12, 2005
Not sure if this is good news or bad news.
I asked the people at the Pentax booth at the IT show on when the K200D will come and they said likely never. It appears to me their intention in the coming months once the K100D supers are depleted they will re-position the K10D to fill that slot as "low cost entry level" camera instead.
I know the K10D is a better camera but I do like the AA batteries features of the K200D.
I would have preferred it to the K20D if it has the same enhanced processing engine as the K20D.

Thats bad news I suppose.
The K200D looks promising for beginners and amateurs. I hope they fixed the menu abbreviations problem.

Not a good choice.
I have asked the same question and got the same answer.
I share my thoughts with the person who told me K200D is not coming.
Qn: With K20D high price, why K200D ain coming to fill the affordable entry range?
An: No idea but the price is going to be close to K10D so i think they do not see the market for K200D. Instead, K10D price will be lower when K20D stock comes in and K10D will fill in the affordable entry range.
Qn: And when K10D runs out? I guess you are not informed that K10D has stopped production somehow? So where will there be enough stock of K10D to supply? Beside, people are still keen on the new K200D though it house the same sensor etc etc.
An: .....
Qn: Guess the market is small here with not much Pentax users locally. I guess with such plan of not getting K200D in to fill in the entry range and with the high price of K20D, i foresee there will be fewer and fewer Pentax users in near future. Else it will be like now where we bring in the range of gears from oversea on our own while Shiriro continues to supply the ever-so-limited range of Pentax gears...
An: .....

I guess i left the guy from Shiriro speechless with my questions while waiting to test the K20D with DA* 200mm.

If this is true, then its really weird... :(

Anyway, there are still alternative source (OP) for us to get the K200D :)

Really hope the situation would improve... :cry:

yar i might get the k200d instead :( then can buy more lenses, so hopefully it will arrive

aa batteries much more convenient leh

yar i might get the k200d instead :( then can buy more lenses, so hopefully it will arrive

aa batteries much more convenient leh

But K20D got HDR friendly features that I'm sure you'll need...

As for me, I'm afraid I'm gonna have to skip any camera upgrade this time round. Just found out my K10D is coming back to me... my silly nephew kena psycho and went to buy a... Nikon D3. :bigeyes: The nerve of him to use a better camera than his uncle. :angry:
His father also very upset because he's using...... Canon EOS 1Ds Mk III & EOS 1Ds Mk II. :eek: :bsmilie:

As for me, I'm afraid I'm gonna have to skip any camera upgrade this time round. Just found out my K10D is coming back to me... my silly nephew kena psycho and went to buy a... Nikon D3. :bigeyes: The nerve of him to use a better camera than his uncle. :angry:
His father also very upset because he's using...... Canon EOS 1Ds Mk III & EOS 1Ds Mk II. :eek: :bsmilie:

Rich nephew ;p

Rich nephew ;p

Whole family are rich plus my nephew quite savvy investor on share market. Made more money in 5 months than his fresh grad new job annual salary... Imagine a Canon & a Nikon flagship camera users in the same household. :bsmilie:

Well I'll get my K10D back next week. Must go and refresh myself with the camera. :what:

:bigeyes:

Whole family are rich plus my nephew quite savvy investor on share market. Made more money in 5 months than his fresh grad new job annual salary... Imagine a Canon & a Nikon flagship camera users in the same household. :bsmilie:

Well I'll get my K10D back next week. Must go and refresh myself with the camera. :what:

Sell the K10D and get a K20D lah :bsmilie:

Sell the K10D and get a K20D lah :bsmilie:

Aiyoh, how much can a lightly used K10D go for now? Some more must top up more money to get K20D... OK will need to think thru on the suggestion.

As for me, I'm afraid I'm gonna have to skip any camera upgrade this time round. Just found out my K10D is coming back to me... my silly nephew kena psycho and went to buy a... Nikon D3. :bigeyes: The nerve of him to use a better camera than his uncle.

yar, i know, have to see how it feels.. i mean, reading reviews and seeing people's shots is an entirely different thing. i have faith though.. just seeing if perhaps k200d is even a viable option..

never mind, all of you go and buy k20d and tell me more about it :bsmilie:

wa.. everyone using different brand :bsmilie:

Rich family. Using diff Pro camera.;p

Aiyoh, how much can a lightly used K10D go for now? Some more must top up more money to get K20D... OK will need to think thru on the suggestion.

I noticed most K10D here are lightly used.:bsmilie:

Dennis
Ask your nephew for share tips and maybe 6 mths later, everyone here can afford to buy one of each model so we can choose which one to take out anytime! ;)
BTW, you mean the K200D does not have HDR? :embrass: I thought that would be a cool feature over the K100D to have....

Could there be a silver version for K200D ? My chinese not very good though.

http://www.dcview.com.tw/article/newreadarticle.asp?id=6064

Seems like the D-BG3 does not have any dial, only AE lock and shutter release... there is so much more flexibility with the dial to change aperture/speed...dunno the reason why they left this out? :(

Batterygrip_D-BG3_2.jpg

81861944.pjpeg

Dennis
Ask your nephew for share tips and maybe 6 mths later, everyone here can afford to buy one of each model so we can choose which one to take out anytime! ;)
BTW, you mean the K200D does not have HDR? :embrass: I thought that would be a cool feature over the K100D to have....

I'm waiting for the share market to plunge big time, then my nephew who will be hard pressed with a margin call from the banks will come crawling and beg me to buy over his Nikon D3 at a steep discount. :lovegrin: After all, we need to help our relatives in times of need. :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.