K19 the widowmaker

Status
Not open for further replies.

maddog

Feb 13, 2002
Alexandra
maddog.clubsnap.org
Just saw this show. Excellent submarine war movie. Equal to the likes of Red October. Anyone notice the camera that was used in the show for the group shot?

Originally posted by maddog
Just saw this show. Excellent submarine war movie. Equal to the likes of Red October. Anyone notice the camera that was used in the show for the group shot?

U just gave me more motivation to drag my gf to watch it with me....

I am soooooooooo going to watch this movie!

K-19 is definitely a must-see movie for submarine afficionados.

It is as good as the following 5 classics I have seen:

U-571
Crimson Tide
Hunt for Red October
Bedford Incident
The Enemy Below

Another submarine classic that should be good, I believe is Das Boot but I can't recommend it yet since I haven't watched it myself.
0767802470.01.MZZZZZZZ.gif

Has anyone seen this one?

It is quite a realistic movie. Its based on an actual story. It told the real truth behind the Russian military machine. And the fact that the Russians were not war mongers but instead merely threatened by the Americans and their actions were purely defensive.

It is quite a realistic movie. Its based on an actual story. It told the real truth behind the Russian military machine. And the fact that the Russians were not war mongers but instead merely threatened by the Americans and their actions were purely defensive.

Realistic in a sense that it is based on the true story but read also this BBC news about the K-19 survivors trying to sue the filmmakers.

Check out also the version from The National Geographic Society

Originally posted by Wolfgang

I have the VCD but never got round to watching it... :)

I bought the DVD and haven't got time to watch it....:p

Status
Not open for further replies.