K10D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grey Knight

Jul 21, 2008
Singapore
I just saw the video review for the K10D and they said that there are some tweaks and learning to be done to get the best out of it.

Thus, I was wondering would it make a good begineer camera?
the price seems to be also higher the the rest of the entry-level dslrs..

K10D is not a entry level camera. :)

I believe when shooting RAW, the result is much better and you will have more room for control. In fact I only shoot RAW with my K100D since day 1. :)

If you are looking for an entry level camera, you may want to consider K100D or K200D.

The tweaks iirc refers to the out-of-camera jpegs. I just use +2 sharpest and +1 contrast. Not an issue at all. It's a nice camera to start with thou it's not an entry level camera. For one thing, I love the fact that it doesn't have scene modes.

I just saw the video review for the K10D and they said that there are some tweaks and learning to be done to get the best out of it.

Thus, I was wondering would it make a good begineer camera?
the price seems to be also higher the the rest of the entry-level dslrs..

Pentax entry-levels are the K100D, K100DS and K200D. The K10D and the K20D are mid range.

One can "grow" into the cam if you learn the basic of photography first and slowly try out the rest of the functions of the cam.

You need to "teach" the cam what you want out of it.

In other words, to get the best out of the cam, u need to tell her what you want rather than letting her make decisions for you.

sounds quite good to me:D
might i ask what the price of the K10D kit though?:confused:

sounds quite good to me:D
might i ask what the price of the K10D kit though?:confused:

It's been discountinued and replaced by K20D. You can get it used for abt $800-900 for body. K20D body with 1yr shop warranty sold at OP for $1600.

My advice for you is get a 2nd hand k10d first. The 2x cost of k20d over a used k10d is not that justified especially if you are new to photography and do not noe what features you are looking for. The cost savings can be used to get a couple of nice lenses. You may want start with the fa50/1.4 at $330. There are also other accesories such as a dry cabinet, tripod, filters, battery grip that will come in place once you start ur purchase of the body.

Unless, you get lucky. I saw someone sold a K20D kit for $900.

The 2 month old without box, manual, warranty or original charger?:think:

Yeah, that was it. Even without warranty and charger, darn cheap, I say.
Well, as Fengwei said, no longer for sale.

:bigeyes:

the seller.. siao ar? :bsmilie:

Maybe he is testing water? :)

Actually wanna offer BNP, but scare the camera got problem that's why price it so low.

Luckily did offer him, if not a big disappointment for the day. :bsmilie:

I'm thinking it's more likely he planned on $1900 but missed the '1' or something like that.

Maybe that is the start bid price. How come no one tried their luck.:bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.