K10D power consumption

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friedrice

Oct 10, 2006
Clementi
Hi all,

Thank you all for your replies in the past :cheers:. I just went to Singapore Botanical Garden for a first time shoot with my K10D, and I noticed that my batteries did not last long.

:embrass: Now I recalled that there was a thread posted here in the past about it and a solution, but it has since deleted i think. It has something to do with the flash, and it I need turn it off in the Menu (even though I don't use the flash)?

I may have remembered wrongly though. Anyways, hope to hear your advice.Thanks again

Sincerely,
Friedrice

Hi all,

Thank you all for your replies in the past :cheers:. I just went to Singapore Botanical Garden for a first time shoot with my K10D, and I noticed that my batteries did not last long.

:embrass: Now I recalled that there was a thread posted here in the past about it and a solution, but it has since deleted i think. It has something to do with the flash, and it I need turn it off in the Menu (even though I don't use the flash)?

I may have remembered wrongly though. Anyways, hope to hear your advice.Thanks again

Sincerely,
Friedrice

Hmm, that's strange. The battery lasts quite long with my K10Ds. I took over 1k jpg photos with one charge (in a couple of days time span). And during our trip to Philippines, I only brought two original batteries for the whole trip, didn't bother bring the charger at all. During the 8 days trip, I took about 1.3k photos (RAW vs JPG is about 1:3 ratio), the second battery was still full when we got back :)

Maybe it's the first time you used the camera. The battery need some turn up? Just charge it overnight (don't take it off the charger even the light turns off) and test again.

Good luck!

Hey Fengwei,

Thank you, yep it was my first so I'm gonna super charge my batteries now :bsmilie:
Hopefully this weekend's shoot the battery will last long long:sweatsm:

Thanks again.

Yes, K10D just the Battery problem. I don't like the li-ion Battery, perfer AA batteries like K100D

Never encountered any problems with the K10D battery I had. If anything I find a full charge lasts pretty long. Did you fully charge or condition your battery before using it? There are many K10D users here, and if this was a known issue, it would have come up already.

I never encountered any problems with the K10D battery also. Like most users said, it lasts quite long.

Going for a model shoot later :cool:, gonna see how it goes. Been charging overnight.:bsmilie::bsmilie:

Yes, K10D just the Battery problem. I don't like the li-ion Battery, perfer AA batteries like K100D

I feel exactly the opposite, I really like the Lion battery in K10D, much prefer it over the AAs used in previous models :)

I feel exactly the opposite, I really like the Lion battery in K10D, much prefer it over the AAs used in previous models :)

Yes, maybe you are right. Battery is not main issue.

One good news is Sony release the new 12M CMOS wich use in Nikon and Alpha, I think Pentax would launch next generation of K10D soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.