K100D Super

Status
Not open for further replies.

60 Ford

Dec 13, 2009
Great White North (Canada)
Hi all I am going to pick up a K100D Super body tomorrow. Plan on using it with my M42 lens with a Pentax screw mount adapter. I used a DL a couple of years ago with some manual K lenses. Any thoughts on the K100D Super and M42 glass.

I believe the K100D doesn't have the green button that others have to do stop-down metering, I think you have to use the AE-lock button to do that instead.

I believe the K100D doesn't have the green button that others have to do stop-down metering, I think you have to use the AE-lock button to do that instead.

Yes the AE-L button controls the stop down metering. Picked up a Pentax K-M2 Adapter and have been testing out my M42 glass.:D

The Super-Tackumar 1:1.8/55 has a smaller outside diameter then the K -mount on the camera.

4198424917_01aec49a36.jpg

Yes the AE-L button controls the stop down metering. Picked up a Pentax K-M2 Adapter and have been testing out my M42 glass.:D

The Super-Tackumar 1:1.8/55 has a smaller outside diameter then the K -mount on the camera.

4198424917_01aec49a36.jpg

I've used a K100D and the M42 mount lenses before I got my K7. No issues with usage. In fact I find it simpler to just have to press the AE-L button cause its nearer for the thumb to reach and no 2nd button (ie. green button) to think about. You might need to add a +0.5 to +1EV compensation as exposure tends to be under exposed. Just use the lenses more and you will remember each of their quirks and expose accordingly.

Have fun! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.