K100D Super

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now if only the damn 16-50 would arrive.

Now if only the damn 16-50 would arrive.

now i wonder if any of the k100d user will aim for upgrade to the Super, for the DR and SDM lens compatibility???

now i wonder if any of the k100d user will aim for upgrade to the Super, for the DR and SDM lens compatibility???

DR is worthless.

SDM - it depends. I doubt I care enough to upgrade.

Perhaps to the K10D's successor.

DR is worthless.

SDM - it depends. I doubt I care enough to upgrade.

Perhaps to the K10D's successor.

agreed on that DR....

for the SDM, will, no point waiting for now since it's still not out yet.....maybe by time it's out, Pentax could have launched the k10d super, or even k100d super*ist....ha ha

now oly e510 have a serious contender......

...looking forward to K10sd, K10 super duper.

K10D super - all they need to do is to make it more "camera reviewer friendly" - although that might require an upgrade of it's image processor.

oly e510 is still consider an entry level dslr, it should not be competing against k10d... although the sensor is 10mp but the sensor is smaller size.... k10d rival are nikon d80 and canon 30d..... and oly e3xx :)

I think its a good move for Pentax to replace k100d with k100d super. It makes the already good camera even better. At least for people who are keen to get k100d can now get k100d super instead with a few dollars more.

It feels to me that the "k100d super" is like the "ME super" in modern digital age. Don't know whether to associate k10d with LX or MX. If k10d is like LX with weatherseal, then it looks like Pentax will never have another better camera to take on the prof from the historical data? ai yo... I still wish to see a prof camera from pentax leh...

cheerss..

I think the Oly e510 is competing with the K10D actually...

IMHO I find the E-510 no match for the K10D unless you really dig the Live View feature. I had the E-510 for about 2 weeks, sadly I had to return it as it just wasn't working for me although I had anticipated it for months... Dynamic range of the Panasonic NMOS sensor is just mediocre (0.7eV less DR than average) and theres the nasty banding issue in low light shots which Olympus has yet to resolve.

Maybe I'll wait for the E-P1 or just dump all my Olympus gear and invest in DA* glasses instead ;p

What do you all think about the K100D viewfinder? I had the istDS and it was a great, but I did have a chance to take a peek into the istDL and thought that the viewfinder was actually brighter than the istDS!

What do you all think about the K100D viewfinder? I had the istDS and it was a great, but I did have a chance to take a peek into the istDL and thought that the viewfinder was actually brighter than the istDS!

The K100D has a pentamirror viewfinder like the DL. The DS has a pentaprism viewfinder. The pentamirror is brighter than the pentaprism.:)

hmm... what is the advantage of pentaprism over pentamirror?

A pentamirror is cheaper to produce than a pentaprism. I believe that a pentaprism has the edge in terms of clarity.

Pentaprism is a solid piece of glass with cut corners while Pentamirror is a number of mirrors glued together.

Pentaprism is actually brighter at matching magnification.

Pentaprism cost more to produce and heavier. Pentamirror is cheaper to produce and lighter.

Great, so K100D Super will stay light and bright. What kind of situations will a Pentaprism be superior to a Pentamirror and when will a Pentaprism be necessary? Let's assume that I will be using lenses like the DA*16-50mm, DA70 or FA31. I have used the istDS and the DA16-45mm, and the weight is only just bearable to lug around during a holiday.

Great, so K100D Super will stay light and bright. What kind of situations will a Pentaprism be superior to a Pentamirror and when will a Pentaprism be necessary?

all the time

never.

the K10D is useful because of it's other functionality over the k100d (faster focussing, better SR, dual dials)

Status
Not open for further replies.