K100d or Canon powershot

Status
Not open for further replies.
and - perhaps there was a reason for the (even more?) limited distribution.. K100D update is out!

It's probably worth getting that instead, unless the price premium is ridiculous.

any idea how much is k100d with kit? heard from a gentlemen at 860. troubled troubled :sweat:

You can always play with a DSLR, now and in future. But considering that your BMT is coming up, and that is one of the best times of your life and it only happens once, I would suggest that you get a good portable PnS like the Fuji 31fd cause you can carry it almost anywhere with you to keep a record of what you experienced, and it is so small that you can hide it easily.

BTW, you need at the very least a good airtight container and some drying agent like silica gel to keep your cameras fungus free.

a plastic container + thristy hipo will work? i guess?::think:

Orient Photo at SLS 6th level, selling k100d at S$860..... but shop warranty which i find is ok... it is still warranty....
why don't wait a while more for the k100d super which will due soon??

Orient Photo at SLS 6th level, selling k100d at S$860..... but shop warranty which i find is ok... it is still warranty....
why don't wait a while more for the k100d super which will due soon??

THANKS. any idea how much isit? and when will it be here?

I went there SLS just now. k100d is indeed a beauty.860 with kit. lowest i guess. i ask about pentax k100d super and the people say they havent heard of it. ANyway, after much thoughts. i've decided to get a p&s. sorry for the trouble. If you guys going for any shooting, please inform me! i would like to have a taste of DSLR.

had a crush on my k100d.:cry:

of course, the K100d super is only announced yesterday. Not many are aware and the shop will not have info when it will arrive etc.

Hi, for S3, the AF is not only in the center, one can move it anyway in the entire viewfinder....so it has many many AF points.....but for S5, I am not sure, but shouldn't be worst off then S3.

AF: Maybe it is not fair to compare AF between 2 different brands, but shall do it anyway;p
K100D: 11points
S5:
AiAF (Face Detection / 9-point)
1-point AF (Fixed center)

My friend bought his K100d from Audio House with free kit at $840. Try to take a look there. You can ask even ask them for discount and join their 1D Sales and get 50% of purchase price via Audio House vouchers.

But then, there must be some catch...is there anything lesser than the standard package he got? maybe no warranty? no box? not new?...i once had an experience at that shop such that i know of a place elsewhere that was selling sumting from there more cheaply and yet the shop claim they have discounts bla bla bla...be wary if u ever need to get anything from anywhere...

But then, there must be some catch...is there anything lesser than the standard package he got? maybe no warranty? no box? not new?...i once had an experience at that shop such that i know of a place elsewhere that was selling sumting from there more cheaply and yet the shop claim they have discounts bla bla bla...be wary if u ever need to get anything from anywhere...

audio house is a pretty big chain. I didn't know that they sold cameras, but they sell lots of LCDs/plasmas at really attractive prices.

My friend bought his K100d from Audio House with free kit at $840. Try to take a look there. You can ask even ask them for discount and join their 1D Sales and get 50% of purchase price via Audio House vouchers.

Warranty like?

That sounds a little ludicrous to me, hrm, is it before their "50%" discount or after.

audio house is a pretty big chain. I didn't know that they sold cameras, but they sell lots of LCDs/plasmas at really attractive prices.

I agreed with dnaxe! I know they are well-known for LCVs/Plasmas coz they advertise quite alot on TV. I think the recent trend is upgrading TV. I bought a Sharp 32" HD-ready LCD TV at $1,130 from them quite some time ago, it is cheap at the point of purchase. They have a camera section too.

That sounds a little ludicrous to me, hrm, is it before their "50%" discount or after.

My friend paid $840 nett price. the 50% discount is just an additional bonus if you make the right guess.

Really! What you bought from them? Why no warranty?

Status
Not open for further replies.