K100D kit lens...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pethuel

Feb 12, 2007
hmm... jus wondering, i was looking thru some post and some of them were using k100d with kit lens...

is the lens that comes with the k100d kit package made from pentax(as in pentax brand)? coz i saw some deals over here in australia(i'm studying here) selling k100d with sigma 18-55mm lens... should the kit lens be a sigma lens?

coz i am considering if it is good to get one over here... whats the price like back home in singapore now btw?

(GOSH i miss home :p)

Hi there; kit lens is made by Pentax.. It is actually the 18-55mm f3.5-5.6 SMC P-DA. Not the best of lens, but very value for money and a worthy investment unless you have a lot of extra cash to throw around for replacements. Click on the link to see a short writeup, what it looks like, and some user reviews on it from SLRgear.com.

How much is the K100D with Sigma 18-55mm going for over there? The price varies here depending on where you wanna get it from, and what sort of package. Cheapest so far is Orient Photo $860 with kit lens, but of course shop warranty only.

In Australia, Sigma and Pentax have the same distributor, CR Kennedy I think, so Pentax cameras are likely to be packaged with Sigma lenses instead.

In Australia, Sigma and Pentax have the same distributor, CR Kennedy I think, so Pentax cameras are likely to be packaged with Sigma lenses instead.

ohh... hmm.. is the pentax kit lens 18-55 better or the sigma kit 18-50mm lens better??

ohh... hmm.. is the pentax kit lens 18-55 better or the sigma kit 18-50mm lens better??

Personally, I love the kit lens's quick shift function. Sometimes, I even do it on my Sigma 70-300. :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.