K1 Grand Finale

Status
Not open for further replies.

xtemujin

Apr 1, 2005
Singapura, Singapore
K1 Grand Finale

The K1 Grand Finale, to be held at the newly built F1 Pit Building at Marina Bay, is the culmination of months of excitement built up by K1’s tour of the heartlands. As an official National Day 2008 Celebrative Event, K1 will be giving back to the community by donating part of the proceeds to charity.

On 26 and 27 July 2008, the F1 Pit Building will be transformed into a huge carnival area, with sights and sounds to titillate all your senses. While the focus is definitely on Motorsports, the carnival has been designed to maximize the FUN-FACTOR and appeal to the whole family, making it a perfect weekend outing destination.

Motorsports buffs, this is what you can expect:

- Drifting and stunt driving demos by the best international drivers in the business
- Drifting Clinics for the public conducted on-site by professionals (please drop us a mail at enquiries@k1.sg if you are interested to sign up)
- Stunt Driving Clinics for corporate clients
- A chance for lucky members of the public to sit in a drifting car
- Go-karting on the F1 track
- Night-karting, using track lights that have been purpose-built for September’s F1 races
- Supercar, dress-up car, classic car and Formula car displays
- Pit Crew Challenge – Get together a group of four and take part in this challenge of skill and speed to win prizes (hint: one of you should know how to change a tyre)

Other highlights of the Grand Finale:

- M-bassador Search 2008: K1 is redefining the face of Motorsport. We are on the lookout for girls and guys who don’t just look good. Out with the skimpy outfits and blank smiles, and in with babes and dudes who can hold their own in any situation and challenge.
- Tamiya Remote Control Challenge – How well can you parallel park a remote-controlled car? Show off your skills at this parking challenge and more and win prizes
- After-hours party on the 26th from 8pm to 11pm, featuring local bands and urban dance groups
- Stage performances and games
- Food & beverage bazaar
- Kiddy rides (also suitable for the kids-at-heart)

Entry to the Grand Finale is FREE!

PS. We are in the process of adding even more exciting activities to the list, so be sure to check back for updates!

How to get there?

grand-finale-map.jpg

The F1 Pit Building is located beside the Singapore Flyer and is within walking distance of Marina Square, Suntec City and Millenia Walk.

By MRT (Mass Rapid Transit)
City Hall MRT Station is about 10-15 minutes walk away from the F1 Pit Building

By Bus
Take public buses 106, 111 and 133 to Temasek Avenue

By Shuttle Bus
At 15 minutes intervals from a to-be-confirmed pick up point

http://www.k1.sg/k1grand.php

any idea on the schedule for the days?

Yes, the drift and stunt driving are using cars.

To get to the F1 Pit area, you can park at near by locations like Singapore Flyer and take a short walk over.

hope it's not a letdown

no girls here on skimpy sponsor outfits? i checked the site and saw no one unlike any other motor show.

hey guys... noob here...
what kind of lens suit this kind of event..
do i need to hav a long tele lens??
flash???

currently dun hav any flash and (only have 18-135) long tele lens...

Hope bro and sis here can advice me

hey guys... noob here...
what kind of lens suit this kind of event..
do i need to hav a long tele lens??
flash???

currently dun hav any flash and (only have 18-135) long tele lens...

Hope bro and sis here can advice me

ur 18-135 is more than enough to cover the whole event.

Im at work, cant go T_T sucks coz i love drifting

Was there today. Nothing much IMHO.
Some random shots I took.

DSC_3275.JPG

DSC_3280.JPG

DSC_3283.JPG

DSC_32861.JP

DSC_3285.JPG

wow.. is free and is free...yet again... is free...hahaha:sweat:
lets go!!

The singapore import nights booth got some showgirls. Got drifting also, but most of the place is surrounded by metal fence, only the side from the tamiya track can shoot. The audi r8 carries children and race down the track outside the pit lane. It seems very disorganised as there is no schedule, some of the events even run concurrently. Also, the place is new and the ground can be quite muddy as the footpaths are not built.

Status
Not open for further replies.