K-x won the 'Best Entry Level DSLR' TIPA Award 2010

fengwei

Aug 25, 2004
Queenstown
www.pbase.com
Source: http://www.tipa.com/english/XX_tipa_awards_2010.php

Best DSLR Entry Level: Pentax K-x

Equipped with a 12 MP CCD sensor, a dust remover mode, a sensor-shift stabilizer, a video mode, a shutter that goes up to 1/6000s and a sensitivity range expandable to ISO 12.800 from top speed of ISO 6400, this entry-level and compact DSLR is an excellent choice to discover the delights of the SLR camera system. The attractive price and a respectable technical content are well-combined for pleasant picture taking.

Go PENTAX Go!!!

Nice!:cheers: Pentax:thumbsup:

Well deserved , especially the price for performance is hard to beat :thumbsup: Pentax

Last edited:
Wow why am I not surprised!? That's the reason why I chose the K-X to start my DSLR journey :)

kinduff expected isn't it?

Price : Performance/function = unbeatable.

Congrats to those K-X owners for choosing right DSLR...... I am looking forward to next DSLR with full frame one day.....

Wooo...Now I can talk Kesiao already. lol

I had a test shot comparison with a fullframe with my friend camera ...the overall quality colour detail was really nice.... cropped is good but until you had a fullframe to compare you see it for yourself ..but now there in 645 .. wonder when Pentax version K8s Mark iv fullframe XXXL sensor size in small body will come..

I had a test shot comparison with a fullframe with my friend camera ...the overall quality colour detail was really nice.... cropped is good but until you had a fullframe to compare you see it for yourself ..but now there in 645 .. wonder when Pentax version K8s Mark iv fullframe XXXL sensor size in small body will come..

is it, i have seen horrible color from full frame cameras being posted on flickr before. :bsmilie:

I was so happy to have chosen K-X as my 1st DSLR thru' my own decision & research, never get influence from frens & colleagues in getting the C/N brand. :)

P3ntx, why are you talking about FF when the news is about the K-x?
Look, I'm sure FF can deliver nice pictures BUT... you have to cough up a lot of money for that FF body, maybe 4 to 6 times the cost of a K-x body. Secondly you got to spend more for good lenses because what's the point of having cheap crap lenses as the weakest link. Thirdly say goodbye to small form factor and light weight. You want FF, please give Canon/Nikon/Sony a try, just don't complain about having a lighter wallet.

That Pentax can come up with a budget wonder says a lot. More people will happily invest in the K-x than any FF camera because it gives the most bang for the buck. Frankly if I was using a FF camera (which I'm not), I'd be pissed big time that an entry level camera can offer great image quality at a fraction of the cost.

Congrats K-x owners...

is it, i have seen horrible color from full frame cameras being posted on flickr before. :bsmilie:

Also has this experience before, my Pentax beats the drum when when do night shoot compare until he got a fullframe .. we compares pixel peep LCD.. he wins. But the colours from his indoors shots was very horrible .. I tried to handled his white balance they seem always look the same no matter how you adjust cannot see different. Different environment you got different results maybe I don't know correct way to do it.. .

Overheard that Pentax is trying to build fullframe, but the chip has to very fast because in-body shake reduction, if not shutter got stucks, one problems will lead to another. The OP guy told me. how true or just prophecy s stil ???

Also has this experience before, my Pentax beats the drum when when do night shoot compare until he got a fullframe .. we compares pixel peep LCD.. he wins. But the colours from his indoors shots was very horrible .. I tried to handled his white balance they seem always look the same no matter how you adjust cannot see different. Different environment you got different results maybe I don't know correct way to do it.. .

Overheard that Pentax is trying to build fullframe, but the chip has to very fast because in-body shake reduction, if not shutter got stucks, one problems will lead to another. The OP guy told me. how true or just prophecy s stil ???

Please Chia, we are talking about Kx here, not apsc vs ff :)

Kx Kx Kx Kx :)

Another reason boost why I choose k-x :bsmilie:

I am a proud Pentaxian, what wong with talking about Fullframe - when KX-wins , it means if KX can do it Pentax Fullframe will make it someday. I have been acuumulating fund for years to acquire FA* Lens for fullframe hope until I got almost broke ...because I love the output.

Creampuff I already owned most FA* you don't even know - but I lack a body to utilise it by the time hopefully I can afford...

Don't you know Pentax even just lauched the 645 very successfully ... why can't they do fullframe, do you think Pentax is stucked wit Kx success??

Aside The FF costed him about 1.4 body only.

Last edited:
I am a proud Pentaxian, what wong with talking about Fullframe - when KX-wins , it means if KX can do it Pentax Fullframe will make it someday. I have been acuumulating fund for years to acquire FA* Lens for fullframe hope until I got almost broke ...because I love the output.

Creampuff I already owned most FA* you don't even know - but I lack a body to utilise it by the time hopefully I can afford...

Don't you know Pentax even just lauched the 645 very successfully ... why can't they do fullframe, do you think Pentax is stucked wit Kx success??

launched maybe how about the sale?

P3ntx, why are you talking about FF when the news is about the K-x?
Look, I'm sure FF can deliver nice pictures BUT... you have to cough up a lot of money for that FF body, maybe 4 to 6 times the cost of a K-x body. Secondly you got to spend more for good lenses because what's the point of having cheap crap lenses as the weakest link. Thirdly say goodbye to small form factor and light weight. You want FF, please give Canon/Nikon/Sony a try, just don't complain about having a lighter wallet.

That Pentax can come up with a budget wonder says a lot. More people will happily invest in the K-x than any FF camera because it gives the most bang for the buck. Frankly if I was using a FF camera (which I'm not), I'd be pissed big time that an entry level camera can offer great image quality at a fraction of the cost.

Congrats K-x owners...

If compare pixel peep lcd, then it's not accurate. Full frame or some models have higher resolution than K-X for their lcd, which surely looks 'nicer' on lcd.

I think you could be right! KX wins in cost/performance - DXO lab also tested to show higher dynamic range than K7

DxO Mark: Superior K-x Sensor outperforms mid and high end cameras

Here is the link:-

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1036&message=34763903

i think the editor have no choice...
if they dare to state other model, 99.99% that win brand have "heavily fund" the award, and nobody will belive them in futrue...
see a lot of forum's N & C supporters also say K-x is good for beginer...
haha