K-X warranty

macme

Jan 17, 2010
Hi guys,

can check with you all, for those k-x users. you just choose k-x body when you registered for it? cos mine comes with the standard kit lens 18mm-55mm thus im unsure whether want to add in the lens myself but no serial number of it ? (i roughly remember when i purchase from orient photo, the guy took out 1 warranty card for lens, he said is for their record.i wonder how true is it ? Anyone encounter the same issue too ? kindly advise me. Thanks alot. :)

any bros out there can help ?

I rgeistered only the body also because they had no kit option but I don't think you should worry as long as you bought an emjay set. The don't sell the k-x body only so obviously the kit lens would be included by default. Anyway, I did call Emjay previously and they told me its ok this way. :)

I rgeistered only the body also because they had no kit option but I don't think you should worry as long as you bought an emjay set. The don't sell the k-x body only so obviously the kit lens would be included by default. Anyway, I did call Emjay previously and they told me its ok this way. :)

oh okay! thanks airconvent bro. :)

No leh. I got a dual kit also.
I did registered for the body and 2 lens.

I think Emjay do sell Body only, just not as popular.

Hi guys,

can check with you all, for those k-x users. you just choose k-x body when you registered for it? cos mine comes with the standard kit lens 18mm-55mm thus im unsure whether want to add in the lens myself but no serial number of it ? (i roughly remember when i purchase from orient photo, the guy took out 1 warranty card for lens, he said is for their record.i wonder how true is it ? Anyone encounter the same issue too ? kindly advise me. Thanks alot. :)

I think Ur lens should have s/n on it.

Anyway, from emjay website, U're suppose to register body and lenses separately.
Important Note for Pentax DSLR registrations: If you are registering a Pentax DSLR kit which consists of camera body with accessories eg. lenses, please register each part of the kit separately, using a separate line to register each product. You can apply for a paid warranty extension for each part of the kit eg. you may select the warranty extension for the camera body only and leave out the lenses or select the warranty extension for all the parts of the kit.

Pentax Serial Numbers: Please use the 10 digit or longer serial number to register your Pentax warranty.

I think Ur lens should have s/n on it.

Anyway, from emjay website, U're suppose to register body and lenses separately.

I see, i just tried to reg again. it prompted me "The serial number is invalid or is already registered". looks quite funny and fishy to me as i bought this directly from shop. i will call emjay to check too. :)

Hi, this happened to me too.
Just check yr kx box and there should be 2 barcode stickers with a 13 digit serial numbers - 1 for yr body and 1 for yr lens.
I typed in those 13 digit s/nos and the website accepted my registration. Cheers.

Note: the registration number is from the bar code label (and not from the number on the lens or the camera body).

Hi, this happened to me too.
Just check yr kx box and there should be 2 barcode stickers with a 13 digit serial numbers - 1 for yr body and 1 for yr lens.
I typed in those 13 digit s/nos and the website accepted my registration. Cheers.

sure. thanks. :)

I have emailed emjay and they have registered for me accordingly already. nice service from them.

btw, any bros out there using their k-x facing some distorted pictures after taking it ? i got a few though and have emailed emjay accordingly already...

Distorted pictures? Please post pictures to explain what you mean.

:think: I also got a "distorted" picture yesterday. I was trying to shoot a self-portrait with my K-x in one hand stretched out as far as I could. :confused:

here is the sample picture. Can see that there is 1 more pic slotted inside but it was taken quite sometime back and i have formatted the mem card etc. So now, was suspecting it is my mem card causing me the problem or the camera itself.

Last edited:
here is the sample picture. Can see that there is 1 more pic slotted inside but it was taken quite sometime back and i have formatted the mem card etc. So now, was suspecting it is my mem card causing me the problem or the camera itself.

I may be wrong but this looks like something that happens when your disk media is corrupted.
Unlikely to be camera related.

Any of the current pix having the same after formatting?

Last edited:
I may be wrong but this looks like something that happens when your disk media is corrupted.
Unlikely to be camera related.

Any of the current pix having the same after formatting?

Hi chuankk,

i would suspect too. I just bought a kingston 8gb class4 sdhc card to test, so far so good. the existing one i had, was a generic 16gb class 6 sdhc card which got from e-bay. hope this is the root cause...

Thanks for your kind inputs too. :)